+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Miss Mack- I am actual planning on buy a pair of SRC recovery shorts which are supposed to be really good for a c-section recovery.

Thanks for the tip about my milk! I never really considered it may affect when my milk came in but it does make sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't read any of the replies so I'll just tell you about my experience

I had planned on having a normal birth but at about 38 weeks I had a scan (they'd been worried about DDs size) and she was measuring pretty bit but wasn't engaged and the doctor asked me if I wanted a c-section..... I honestly didn't care either way, I'm not someone who has ever felt like I would miss out by not pushing, I was going to go drugs all the way anyway haha. So because mine was planned, it may have been easier than most? That's what people have told me anyway haha.

I arrived at 6.30am for an 8am surgery. They prepped me, then just let DH and I hang out while they waited for an emergency c-section to finish up. At around 8am I was wheeled into the surgery room where they did more prep, it was all really light hearted, the nurses and doctors were cracking jokes and trying to keep me calm. The anethesist did his bit with the spinal block (which was the only bit I was scared about) but it literally took about one minute and DH held my hand the entire time. As soon as it was in then quickly laid me down because I lost all feeling within seconds. They did an ice pack test and I was numb upto my boobs pretty much. At about 8.10 my ob walked in and got straight to work, I felt some pressure, but a nurse chatted to me and DH the entire time while taking some photos for us. At 8.31am DD was born and the dropped the curtain and put her straight on my chest. After about 5 minutes they took her away for cleaning and to cut the cord with DH. Once she was clean and they did their tests, she was handed straight back to us and didn't leave our side throughout recovery. We stayed there for about 1 hour then moved to my room.

I couldn't get out of bed for the rest of that day because of the drugs which was the only downside for me. I felt zero pain (morphone drip when they encouraged me to use), but I didn't like not being able to get up. But, I held into DD most of the day anyway so the rest of the time it just meant DH had to do everything :P it meant I missed the first bath though (well I watched, but couldn't help) which I was upset about. They also took her away for 3 hours in the middle of the night because if anything were to happen, I couldn't get up for her. So they took her away so I could sleep.

Next day they took out all the drips and I was told to get up straight away for a shower to get my legs working again. DH had to stand in the shower with me because I was so weak. But after an hour or so I was back to normal, walking around, taking DD around the ward, I felt really good

I had minimal pain with my wound, and the nurses were onto it with asking about pain levels and providing medication.

My milk came in on time which I was told might not happen and had no issues there.

I was out of hospital on day 5 when they removed my stitches and I honestly had next to no pain by that stage. I could easily move around, lift/carry DD and I think only took pain medication twice once I left hopsital?
    My wound healed really well too, I could wear jeans within a few weeks and 4 years later you would never know I had a c-section, there is a no scar at all.

I personally had a really good c-section experience, like I said, the only thing I didn't like was not being able to move on day 1 hoping that is a bit different this time around.

Good luck!! I hope your experience is a really positive one xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Miss Mack- I am actual planning on buy a pair of SRC recovery shorts which are supposed to be really good for a c-section recovery.

Thanks for the tip about my milk! I never really considered it may affect when my milk came in but it does make sense.
    I hope it's okay to to say don't waste your money! I spoke with the physio about these at hospital and she said either the tummy control undies you buy from target etc are great. I posted in the other thread about using tubi grip around your mid section. The physio brought this to me and it was awesome and didn't cost me a penny! I wore it for weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I hope it's okay to to say don't waste your money! I spoke with the physio about these at hospital and she said either the tummy control undies you buy from target etc are great. I posted in the other thread about using tubi grip around your mid section. The physio brought this to me and it was awesome and didn't cost me a penny! I wore it for weeks.
    So just the normal "suck and tuck" undies that hold in all the lumps and bumps? I have so many of them!!! Good to know, I was going to buy the SRC shorts haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    So just the normal "suck and tuck" undies that hold in all the lumps and bumps? I have so many of them!!! Good to know, I was going to buy the SRC shorts haha
    Yep. Honestly I just found the tubi grip under my leggings was enough for me to feel secure and comfortable. So I didn't invest the tummy control pants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel pretty bad now for having such an easy time of it after my c-section - and it was an unplanned, emergency c-section! I had a great recovery. I expected to be in agony for ages afterward, but I found the pain bearable. Until they were late with my medication. Ouch! But by the third day I was skipping my pain meds all the time because I completely forgot about them.

But yeah, keep up with your painkillers and get active as soon as you're able. I think that's what helped me the most. The midwives urged me straight into the shower the next morning, and due to DS being a lazy little sucker, I was expressing every 2 hours, which meant walking (well, shuffling slowly) back and forth to the breast pump and the bottle room to sterlise. Don't overdo it though. If you need help, ask.

Granny undies are also awesome. It actually took me ages to get used to normal undies again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The thing I hated the most was the 2 lots of gross meds I had to take before going in... they were gross little drink things and I wish they just gave me a needle with them!

I had a spinal with morphine and it was great

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a little off topic, but has anyone had an epidural with their c-section? My spinal knocked me out for too long and ideally this time around I'd like to be moving my legs the same day. Would an epidural help with this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a little off topic, but has anyone had an epidural with their c-section? My spinal knocked me out for too long and ideally this time around I'd like to be moving my legs the same day. Would an epidural help with this?
    I had an epidural. It was in prior because the c section wasn't planned. They just topped it up before the c section. I'm not sure how fast you would be up but I had mine at about 6:00 in the evening. After visiting my dd in NICU I was wheeled to my room probably around 10ish. I honestly don't remember. Then I was up at about 6 the next morning having a shower. I needed assistance in the shower though. I'm not sure how long it takes to wear off because I was asleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anjalee, I had a spinal and I was up and fairly lucid pretty quickly. I am confused, I thought that a spinal is shorter acting which is why they generally use epidurals during vaginal labours..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast