+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Morning sickness... F*** you :(

Eating something as soon as I wake up has helped me, and as others said always have something in your stomach. I find ginger ale helps too, or lemon water.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Morning sickness... F*** you :(

Oops, double post.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    Last edited by honey gold; 07-02-2013 at 16:39.

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Morning sickness... F*** you :(

My MS didn't start until 12 weeks (I'm 20 weeks today) but it was really bad. Eating regularly before you are hungry definately helps. But if you are like me and get to the point where NOTHING stays down, sometimes the drugs are needed. I have Zofran flakes at home and if I know I'm getting really bad again (waking up and bolting to the toilet before I'm even awake properly) I'll take one and it just settles me enough to start eating again. I only went and got help because I went 3 days without eating and drinking anything and started getting dehydrated. I'm learning to read the signs now so I can do something before I get bad enough to take the Zofran.

Good luck! I hope you start feeling better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by futuremamma View Post
    Sorry to crash the thread, but for those of you that have tried restavit and vitb6 combination, did you find the drowsiness bad? Did you take it at night? I'm reluctant to take anything medicated but I'm finding this ms is just making me so miserable, being unable to leave the house or care for dd properly.
    Definitely makes you drowsy, I take half a tablet before bed, sleep well for about 8-9 hours and wake up ok. Restavit is a class A, so as far as medications go its one of the better ones. I really hate the taste of ginger and the morning sickness formula by blackmores (the best way I could find to get b6) is predominately ginger but i stick it to the back of my throat and throw the water down. I take that three times a day (30 mins before breakfast lunch and dinner respectively). The one day last week I tried to not take to in case my ms had resolved it was back in full vengeance so I'm back on it for the time being. Life is tolerable now- huge improvement!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Gbagr8m - I took one last night and that seemed to help but today it's quite bad. I might start taking one in the morning too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what u mean by feeling like death!!!
    I found that having food with me AT ALL TIMES helped. If I hadn't put something in my stomach at least every two hrs, ms would get worse n worse with each minute. Dry snacks helped. Nuts, salty Sakata rice crackers, jatz and cheese, apples, arnotts ginger nut biscuits. If I awoke at nite with bad nausea, I would throw a ginger nut bikkie down my throat, and eat an apple before I got out of bed first thing in the morning. Even at work I'd constantly snack. I HATED straight water, I had to add a bit of cordial to it otherwise I'd chuck. I took my antenatal vitamins with dinner cause that was a better time of the day for me.

i had ms from week 5-11, lucky me. But then it begun again round wk14 with vomiting! How unlucky. But disappeared completely by wk16.

i had ZERO ms with my second pregnancy and had a healthy boy. On the other hand, my sis had ms wks 5-12 wk, but got bad news on the 12wk scan.

Hang in there, it will get better!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a little over 4 weeks and have started to feel nauseous in the afternoons. I was watching MKR tonight and they made raw egg ravioli, the sight of it wanted to make me puke! When I'm not nauseous I'm starving and seem to not stop eating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine's gone from being OK to bad again. I thought I was home free at 12 weeks as it pretty much went away....not to be....

Thanks
    Reviews

I seem to cope if I eat all day everyday! Haven't vomited for a few days now but have still felt queasy! Have a scan tomorrow (7wks 5 days) so fingers crossed all is good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Sickness and I seem to be old acquaintaces LOL had it from 4 weeks til 30 weeks with my first (she was born at 30 weeks), from 3 weeks til bout 24 weeks, after that it lessened to a few days a week with my second, and now with my 3rd I have had it since 3.5 weeks, and am currently 8 weeks. Its definetely not easy! I too have found eating all day seems to be the trick, its just finding healthy snacks to have that is tricky! And ice cold water has helped me a lot