+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can't shake this "worried" feeling...

I'm 10 weeks pregnant (tomorrow) and I just can't shake this feeling that there is nothing there! This is my second pregnancy so you'd think that I would be more chilled this time round. Nope! The only proof I have that I am actually pregnant is positive tests, no AF, and morning sickness. I am yet to hear the heartbeat or see it on a scan.
    When I was pregnant with my son, I knew even before I tested that I was pregnant. The whole time I had no doubt that there was a baby in there. I got to hear the heartbeat at 8 weeks and I had every symptom you can imagine, including being hospitalised for hyperemesis.
    This time I just freak out that my body is playing tricks on me and there is nothing there! I panic that something has gone wrong.
    I have my 12 week scan in just over 2 weeks and I'm hanging to see my baby!
    I know I'm being silly but I'm just wondering if anyone else feels/felt this way? (so I don't feel like a total nut lol)

Sent from my umbrella

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm in the same boat! Although I went to the doctor at what was supposed to be my 6th week and was measuring 5 wks so I've been worried ever since and I had to make an appointment for 3 weeks time which finally next week I dot day ! Try not to worry easier said then done hey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Can't shake this "worried" feeling...

I'm in my 2nd tri and have only just started to believe it because I'm getting regular little kicks, but before I started feeling anything I had no symptoms at all! So it was very hard to believe.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Can't shake this "worried" feeling...

Had a big chat with DH last night and he was trying to tell me not to worry. Yeah right!
    My morning sickness is starting to subside now so there goes that symptom! I'm glad it's going away because I was hating it but at the same time I liked having something tangible.
    Nearly 2 weeks until my scan. Hurry up!

Sent from my umbrella

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I always felt the same with my pregnancies!! Always worried that I would go to the 12 week scan and be told it was all over red rover. Think it stemmed from previous miscarriages though. That fear just never leaves you.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm the same too. This is my second pregnancy and I can't remember feeling this neurotic with DS. It didn't even occur to me with him when I lobbed up for my 12 week scan that there wouldn't be a hb.
    This one though I've had spotting from weeks 4-8 and two scans already - one at 6 wks as I thought I was miscarrying and one at 9 weeks when the bleeding stopped as I was then worried it was all over. DH thinks I'm mad.
    My 12 week scan is on Monday and I'm cr@pping myself with worry! Good luck for your scan in a few weeks