+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Creepy.The creepiest thing I've seen is a house with peepholes on the bedroom doors, children used to live there too....now that is super creepy.

Yeah, that's fricken creepy. Even though I can see a practical use for it... "I wonder what the kid is doing in there..." but if you turn the handle to see, they'll stop being quiet and leaving you alone and come bother you instead. lol. That way you can check without risking that!

But yes, still totally creepy. Makes me think of a dirty old peeping Tom renting out his rooms to young uni students... and having a good old creep. EW!

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default A lock on the outside of a kids bedroom door... Creepy right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    It is possible the property was a share house, and individuals rented just a room, and would lock their room when not at home. I have seen this especially in uni share homes. And I'd prefer to think that than anything else!!
    Lets go with this theory ...

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Creepy.The creepiest thing I've seen is a house with peepholes on the bedroom doors, children used to live there too....now that is super creepy.
    What... That sent shivers down my spine super creepy

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When I was younger I would pop out my flyscreen at night and go swimming by myself. My bedroom window opened up right into the pool area. My parents never knew until I told them in my teens. We moved out of that house when I was in grade 3 so I was wayyyy too young to be swimming by myself. Bet if my parents caught me I would have had a lock on my window Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My neighbours have locks on all their doors - to every room nearly - their DS is autistic and can be pretty destructive if unsupervised..... it might be something simple like that....

I was advised by two seperate parenting/sleep professional organisations to put a lock on my DD door to lock her in at night (she gets up). Needless to say I didnt do it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (28-08-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: A lock on the outside of a kids bedroom door... Creepy right?

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Yeah, that's fricken creepy. Even though I can see a practical use for it... "I wonder what the kid is doing in there..." but if you turn the handle to see, they'll stop being quiet and leaving you alone and come bother you instead. lol. That way you can check without risking that!

But yes, still totally creepy. Makes me think of a dirty old peeping Tom renting out his rooms to young uni students... and having a good old creep. EW!
    I don't know, I would have given anything for a peep hole on nights when she is just not going to sleep and then I always go in to check on her too soon and we have to start the whole processes again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm thinking share house too. If they were kids rooms then I agree, creepy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my nans house have locks on what use to be the kids rooms. dont know why but now she locks them coz she feels safer. all our bedroom doors have knob locks. kids need a chair or something if they want to open them so its more so to keep them out not in. lol

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not creepy really depending on why the locks were there. But definitely unsafe if there was a person/child sleeping in that room. What happens if there's a fire and you can't find the key?

(That's obviously not the main concern for me but it's definitely one that springs to mind heh).

Thanks
    Reviews
    The house might also have been used for family daycare. I know a lot of FDC providers have locks on the outside of their doors so the children can't get it but the other family members can.