+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default A lock on the outside of a kids bedroom door... Creepy right?

Some friends are renovating a property they bought as an investment... We're over right now cos DP is an electrician and doing electriciany things...

Anyway, all of the bedrooms apart from the main, had a lock on the outside. Not a knob lock... Like one you can attach a padlock to.

Creepy... Isn't it? What could it possibly be for other than locking your kid in the room? On 3 doors to kids rooms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Wow, We put a sliding lock on the inside of our door because DD tends to wander at night and she is usually in our room but that is because i flat out refused to lock her into her bedroom.
    Very Very creepy....

Thanks
    Reviews

House I moved into had chain locks on the outside of the kids bedrooms. I thought it was creepy too!

Thanks
    Reviews

Very creepy if they were kids rooms!

Could it previously have been used as a share house - maybe the housemates didn't trust each other while they were out of the house?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (01-02-2013),Shoopuf  (01-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is possible the property was a share house, and individuals rented just a room, and would lock their room when not at home. I have seen this especially in uni share homes. And I'd prefer to think that than anything else!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

House Mummaxxxx  (01-02-2013),LoveLivesHere  (01-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: A lock on the outside of a kids bedroom door... Creepy right?

unfortunately I know of people who do this. I can't stand it and have distanced myself. But yeah they do lock their kids in their room. The kids aren't overly naughty at all either. I find it dangerous, creepy and all those things too. What if there was a fire..

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    It is possible the property was a share house, and individuals rented just a room, and would lock their room when not at home. I have seen this especially in uni share homes. And I'd prefer to think that than anything else!!
    I'm going with this

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (01-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Creepy.The creepiest thing I've seen is a house with peepholes on the bedroom doors, children used to live there too....now that is super creepy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (01-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week

I've considered putting locks in all of the bedroom doors but to keep them OUT, not in purely because they trash their rooms. But no way would I lock them in, it's a big fear of mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    Very creepy if they were kids rooms!

Could it previously have been used as a share house - maybe the housemates didn't trust each other while they were out of the house?
    Nah, it was a married couple with kids. The rooms were also done up as kids rooms - bubblegum pink in one, bright blue with some animal border in another. So young kids. The people who bought it met them...

They left the house in a hideous state though... as in, the entire bathroom has been pulled out, same with the kitchen etc... because none of it was salvageable. It was just gross, mold, cigarette staining, something that looked like dried-poo on the walls... so I'm guessing the owners weren't the BEST people either...

(I know, why did they buy it like that? I think cos it was so cheap... and they knew they could fix it up).