+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I would be worried about the centre you are using from some of the things you have mentioned.
    Could you look for a different centre in the area? Ask around and see what centres other parents recommend?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Yep, I agree

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Childcare has ruined everything!! Help

How did you go in the end? Did things settle down or did you find an alternative?

Thanks
    Reviews
    i changed centres and couldnt be happier! I felt like maybe i had been a bit overdramatic after i gave my notice to the original centre as he seemed to be warming to it all, still crying and all but they told me he was eating/sleeping etc. I wasnt completely convinced and thought they may be exaggerating because he still seemed hungry/tired but i figured i was being silly. Although I noticed the ratios werent always followed and on more than one occaision there were up to 10 kids crying and no one attending to them. Then last week was his last day and I couldnt pick him up because I had a hospital appointment. I spent a little while explaining that I didnt bring in his milk cup[ because I had bought it in the last few times, clearly labelled with 100 ml MILK and my sons name, only to arrive at the centre and find it filled with water among the water bottles. The worker just nodded at me. I told her he was teething and wouldnt eat any breakfast so I was hoping she could make sure they tried to get him to eat something for lunch, again she just nodded. ANother mum arrived and explained to the worker that her daughter had just started potty training but needed to be reminded and that she had bought in pull up nappies marked with her daughters name....the worker just nodded and confusingly asked "you want them?"....This interaction along with the other two times I had met her briefly led my to realise I dont think she could speak english properly.

when they tried to pick my son up he screamed and it broke my heart but I had to go, it seemed like a big deal for the workers that they had to take care of him as they were rolling their eyes etc. I told my fiance who was getting him to make sure he grabbed his water bottle, his duck, and ask if he ate, slept etc. My partner got to the centre and told them who he was there to pick up. They told him the didnt have a child with that name at their centre but let him through to check in the room anyway. Sure enough there was our son and without asking who my partner was or for identification they let my partner take our son. They told him my son slept for over an hour and ate all his lunch as well as morning tea. My partner called and told me but said it as weird because my son was trying to fall asleep wherever he could and nearly passed out in the car (it was not normal for our son if he had slept) He also told me he was ravenous for food and when he told me that morning tea had been fruit I laughed because Ive seen the fruit they serve and my son doesnt eat it. So i really doubt he had eaten much if anything at all.

I got off the phone and found a missed call from the centre so i rang them and the centre manager asked me who I had given the enrollment forms to....I told her it was her, as on his first proper day (non orientation) she told me she couldnt find them and after searching for a while she found them and told me they were going to enter them on the computer straight away. As I was leaving that day I found her and a co-worker sitting at a computer and they told me they had literally just finished typing his info into the computer. Now i was being told that they had lied and never done that, that they never had any emergency contacts, they never knew if he had allergies, they never knew anything about him and had no idea who my partner was or if i had a restraining order out against any one (court orders Etc) The only number they had was my mobile because id written it on the drop off sheet that morning instead of my partners, who wouldnt have answered his phone at work that morning and doesnt have voicemail so we would never have known if something had happened to him and they probably wouldnt have known what ds's name was to inform us anyway.

She then had the audacity to laugh about the fact that I had been getting free childcare "which was beautiful for you wasnt it" she said like a smart a** I told her that 3 weeks ago id given his notice and informed the lady at the desk no money had been taken out yet.

He still cries at his new centre, but he actually chooses to hold their hands, he isnt falling asleep after we leave or starving hungry and he actually gives the girls kisses and hugs goodbye by choice!

Trust your instincts ladies! I dont even want to know what else wasnt being done or was for that matter at the original place i just feel sorry for the kids that are there everyday!

Thanks
    Reviews

OMG!!!!!! You poor things! Your poor son!!! Hope everything works out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    ((Hugs)) chin-up
    He's still at an age where he is learning that if mummy disappears, she comes back again! Don't be afraid to persevere for a few more tries at daycare.
    Also don't be afraid to reiterate your preferences to the centre about offering milk etc. remember they are getting used to him while he gets used to them too.

Good luck x.
    exactly this. Talk to the director and discuss your thoughts/concerns with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    exactly this. Talk to the director and discuss your thoughts/concerns with her.
    I think U must have missed my reply about what happend last week. And centre manager was useless and a liar so was the room leader, I can tell u right now neither could have cared less if I had bought up my concerns except to save their own butts. They were the kind of people that were the nicest most caring and loved by all the kids, which they showed by being overly affectionate with them when parents were around (meanwhile the kids looked scared and were pulling away from the tight grips) and when they didnt know u were looking they'd be sitting around chatting and ignoring the kids completely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

What an awful ordeal! I am so happy for you all that he is happy in his new center. Have you reported the old one? I could have written your post almost word for word about the one I had problems with. It just shouldn't happen and the fact that there are even 2 centers out there like this.....ugh it's just sooo wrong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Could you lodge a complaint about them not having your enrollment details? Even if nothing happens it will cause them some hassle/worry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Could you lodge a complaint about them not having your enrollment details? Even if nothing happens it will cause them some hassle/worry!
    I 100% agree in reporting them. And you should name & shame them!

Having a DS with allergies myself, I would be horrified to learn they hadn't even made a note of important details like that. That literally could be a life & death situation for some kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holy hell.. I felt sick reading your update.. How scary. You really should report them.. They could end up hurting a child through such complacence.

Glad ur DS is somewhere better now.. It is heart wrenching enough putting them into care without the caregivers being indifferent.