+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh I really hope it is nothing serious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fluid inside baby & enlarged liver?? :(

I agree with PP, don't look at google results. It causes too much worry and isn't the same as an actual medical diagnosis. Also, some ultrasound results are not entirely accurate.

I wasted 13 weeks of my pregnancy worried stiff (instead of enjoying it) by reading google results after my 19 wk scan showed mildly echogenic bowel. The Drs all told me not to worry, did tests etc etc but I didn't listen to them. I listened to the google results instead. It wasn't until my 32 week scan which showed no echogenic bowel that I stopped worrying and started enjoying being pregnant again.

Wait and see what your OB has to say. Fingers crossed everything is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok...

Dont worry.. Easy to say hard to do.

I once saw a show on discovery that had a woman give birth to her baby after she found out she had cmv..

Weeks prior to this i had give birth to my stillborn son.. I was told so many things i had that couldve resulted in him being stillborn.. And they were all shortened and after seeing that shiw i was convinced i had cmv.

After i found out i was pregnant again i went straight to see a doctor and said whatvhad happened and i think i have cmv....

She dismissed it straight away.. Because it is so rare... Not that no one gets it but mostly people in developing countries without proper health care.

At my 20 week us i was shown my baby had enlarged brain ventricals, heart problems and a cleft lip.

I was broken.

I had a scan a few weeks later and there was nothing abnormal picked up.....

His brain was fine so was his heart.. And no cleft.

I was told the worst from the sonographer and had the radiologist come in at my 20 week scan and tell me to prepare for the worst.

Showing something "abnormal" doesnt mean it will stay like that.

All the stress in the world from worrying wont do any good for anyone.

Try to take your mind off it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will try. I don't think there is anything left to google actually. We tried to get the results off the GP this morning, but they weren't there.
    I hope they are in Monday, and I can only hope I have worried for nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is a reason why sonographers are not supposed to say anything...because they can be wrong. I went for a scan at 11+ weeks and was told by the sonographer that my babies belly had not closed over. I began crying and thinking the worst. A dr came in to have a look and everything was absolutely fine and we now have a very healthy newborn.

i know it's not the same and this is easier said than done but try not to worry. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Fluid inside baby & enlarged liver?? :(

So sorry for your loss missy moo .... Xxx

OP: best of luck Hun. Focus on getting in touch with your doctor and if needed getting extra tests and scan. Dr google failed medical school don't listen to him! Xxx