+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Child Health nurses

They get a bad wrap around here but I LOVE mine she always takes the time to chat and play with DS, and remembers every kid's name. Before I had DD (day before in fact LOL) I rocked up to playgroup (held at MCHC) and no-one else was there, she cane out of her office for a chat and gave me loads of advice on preparing DS for DS's coming home, and gave me loads of great tips on easing the load once we were home.

We had DS's 8wk check yesterday, and we've been having trouble with catnapping/sleeping on me. She listened to what I was saying and asked which parts were a problem, and how I wanted to approach it, then gave me loads of great advice. Not once did she make me feel bad for what i was doing currently, nor give me advice that just wouldn't work with a toddler running around.

Anyway, just wanted to say she's fabulous and I love her, surely she's not the only great MCH nurse out there?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love mine too. We just moved and I was sad to leave her. She was awesome!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wish I loved mine but that's another thread. We have a great dr though who loves ds and takes a lot if time with him. He's fascinated by the body at the moment and last time we saw her she took him around the reception and other drs to let him use the stethoscope to hear all the different hearts. She's awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I've never been in to the CHN's around here

Thanks
    Reviews

Mine is lovely too! Very helpful and supportive and FREE!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love mine too. I know which chemists she will be at and on which days so if I have an issue I can track her down. She always makes me feel like a super mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    because of ds's allergies mine used to visit me at home every 2 weeks for ds's first year. She was awesome during a very stressful time. I dont think i woud of made it through that first year without her.

Thanks
    Reviews

The last one I visited was really rude in my opinion. I told her my problem (DD newbie only drinks from right breast) and all she said was that I am lazy and looking for easy way out. Then she said I am spoiling my DS for offering him Smorgasbord. And she laughed at me when I told her what I was doing to address my problems. She was training someone at the same time and she just used my problem as a laughing stock in front of me eg she said to the trainee "can you believe she's doing that? That's why there's all this problem etc". Half hour into it DH came in, funny enough she turned her attitude around totally as soon as he walked in!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Child Health nurses

Quote Originally Posted by tubster View Post
    The last one I visited was really rude in my opinion. I told her my problem (DD newbie only drinks from right breast) and all she said was that I am lazy and looking for easy way out. Then she said I am spoiling my DS for offering him Smorgasbord. And she laughed at me when I told her what I was doing to address my problems. She was training someone at the same time and she just used my problem as a laughing stock in front of me eg she said to the trainee "can you believe she's doing that? That's why there's all this problem etc". Half hour into it DH came in, funny enough she turned her attitude around totally as soon as he walked in!
    Unfortunately mine was the same. Told me i was taking the easy way out by expressing and topping up with formula. This was despite many sleepless nights and numerous meetings with a lactation consultant. And since when is expressing easy?? Its time consuming!! I ended up telling her to get out of my house. She put me down as high risk for PND haha oops!!

Were moving back to the city in a few weeks though. I hope were as lucky as you OP!!

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I like mine. I saw her for DS' 18 month check and thought she was a bit full on about sleeping but she came out for DD's two week check last week and the advice was really helpful.

Glad you got some advice that will work with your DS running around. I'm finding it hard to spend the time settling DD to sleep (takes forever) as DS comes in and wants me to play with him. If she starts catnapping I don't think I can spend time resettling her as well