+ Reply to Thread
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    in a glass case of emotion
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Blood test to confirm ovulation

Just a quick question:

I know the CD21 is usually what they use to confirm ovulation. I am CD18 and am about 97% sure I ovulated on CD14, as per my usual.

I had a BT today to confirm I've ovulated, but my question is, will it be able to tell, given it's on CD18 and not 21?

I assume it's just looking for low estrogen and higher progesterone?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Blood test to confirm ovulation

I've been looking into the same sort if thing lately as I get confused with my days. From what I can tell yes it should show that you have ovulated even though it's only day 18. From what I have read, after u ovulate, your progesterone levels will rise and they will stay higher than usual until you get your period. So even if you did the test on day 18 or 23 for example if all ur levels are normal, your progesterone levels should show you ovulated that cycle right up until your period comes which is when the levels will drop again. Hope that helps.

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28-01-2013, 07:22
  2. Confirm Pregnancy Test at 4mins??
    By ellimac in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-01-2013, 21:10
  3. What does this mean with a Confirm test?
    By BBJunior in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 11:11