+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Chinese herbal medicine & ivf

Hi

Anyone doing acupuncture, Chinese herbs along with their IVF cycles?

Would like to know your experiences and feedback

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't start IVF yet but have been doing acupuncture since October 2012 and plan to keep doing it whilst going through IVF... There are lots of positive outcomes while doing it. Even the IVF clinics recommend it - http://monashivf.com/treatment/vic/complementary-care/

I am not sure on Chinese herbs with IVF - as long as they don't affect your hormones (which a lot of herbs do) then I think it's ok.

Good luck with your journey and I am so sorry for your loss, how tragic.

xx

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Chinese herbs are a no go with our clinic, acupuncture is fine though.

I find acupuncture beneficial purely for the calming me down part, but I'm thinking of doing it before/after our egg transfer as I've heard good things about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say it depends on what your issues are. I did acupuncture + herbs for three years. It did regulate my cycle but had no impact on improving egg quality.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi butterfly
    I am doing my fourth full stim cycle and have incorporated acupuncture and herbs this time. I had done acupuncture during my second cycle but stressed with the extra amount of time I needed off from work with it due to travel. He is now a lot closer so a lot less stress I think.
    I have been on GUI shao di huang tang which was to help replenish my blood flow to my uterus following a miscarriage. He is now planning on putting me on shou tai wan (translated as fetus longevity formula) to help the 'stick ability' of the embryo. I will start that after egg collection.
    I was concerned about having herbs and how they would interact with the ivf drugs. I spoke to my FS about it today and he said "he wasn't opposed to the herbs". We are trying everything this cycle.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Chinese herbal medicine & ivf

Hi Ladies,

Interesting how every clinic is different.

*Appy* I'm eager to find out how you go with the herbs and the IVF drugs and if it helped in any kind of outcome whether it be increased quantity of eggs etc.

I started acupuncture in November 2012 however recently switched acupuncturists and he also is a herbalist. He's a fully qualified doctor. He's closer to home too. Started finding the traveling to and from my first acupuncturist quite tiring and time consuming.

My current acupuncturist assured me the herbs he gave me would not interfere with the IVF drugs. *Appy* I can't remember off hand what the names of my herbs are. His acupuncture technique is quite different and theory is different to the previous. Mind you this guy has trained for countless decades.

Has anyone got BFPs with just the acupuncture while doing IVF?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I did acupuncture & DH did both acupuncture & herbs. My ob said I shouldn't do herbs due to hormone balance as well. DH had sperm quality count & motility issues which improved incredibly over the time he was tested & re-tested just before EPU. I got my BFP using just acupuncture and the dietary changes my acupuncturist suggested. Doing it just before EPU and in transfer day are critical (as well as throughout cycle).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi butterfly. Just an update. My acupuncturist has decided to not put me on herbs following egg transfer after reading up on my factor 5 leidens. He doesn't think it would be a good idea with the clexane as the herbs thin blood aswell to aid Implantation. I'm still stimming and due for egg collection next week. Will know more after it. Cheers