+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Mums who don't drive

What do you do in winter (sounds like a silly question!) but I'm already freaking out about taking a pram, nappy bag, then me my bag and ill be getting wet! Ahhhh!!!! P.s- I can't get my licence due to medical condition so no time soon will it be changing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I never had a license with my first three children. In winter I covered the pram with a rain cover and blankets and little kids rugged up in a warm coat, beanie and gloves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I don't drive :-) I got a great pram with a good rain cover, in winter my DD is rugged up and cosy inside the pram while I brave the elements lol. If its pouring I change my plans but otherwise we just go rain, gale force winds, scorching sun! We got used to it quickly and really I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks
    Reviews

Get a good adult poncho, raincoats rarely cover your head properly and wouldn't cover a backpack but I have a poncho that keeps me bone dry. Also make sure you have a pram with a good sized basket. I've never had to carry a bag, always fill the basket and hang the nappy bag off the pram handle, under the rain cover

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm dreading this too as I don't have a licence either! It's $9 in a taxi to my local Westfield which isn't too bad but I struggle with carrying bubs, nappy bag and pram on my lonesome! She hates the baby carrier we bought so that was a bust!

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't have a license, I have 4 children, 2 that are in school so have no choice but to walk in winter lol. I have a thick jacket with a big hood, storm cover on the pram and the older 3 carry an umbrella.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I survived a long time without a licence but once they're too big for a pram it can be a pain. Get older kids a good set of gumboots, raincoat and umbrella etc. dd has just started her first day of school and I have NO idea how I would have done it without a car! (Not within walking distance either) way too much mucking around trying to walk or catch a bus in wet weather carrying school books bags etc. I miss my pram and all the stuff it could carry lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I didn't drive until the start of last year - the year my daughter turned 7.

I just got around as per usual. I would try to avoid going out if it was raining, but otherwise I got a rain cover for the pram/stroller, used raincoats, gumboots, umbrellas etc.

In the cold I just layered up.

Thanks
    Reviews

My mum has never driven and dad worked so we grew up walking everywhere or catching public transport. Didn't do us any harm. Yeah, sometimes you get wet, but it's only water

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews

I didn't drive until last year so had the three kids and school runs to do. We just did as the PPs have said and rugged up, rain cover on pram and umbrellas for the other two kids. If the weather was really bad I would ask family for a lift.