+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How long after a d&c did you wait to try again?

It's been a few days, the bleeding has well and truly stopped, I'm at peace with the fact that I'm no longer pregnant and I am so eager to try again! How long did you wait? How long did it take for your AF to return? How long did it take you to fall pregnant? So many people keep telling me that you're really fertile after a m/c, but I don't know how long that window stretches. Is it before your AF returns? Ahh, so many questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We started right away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We were doing IVF, so I had the D&C in July and then had to take the contraceptive pill for 1mth to bring on a period (as I don't ovulate/ have periods naturally).

We decided to go away in August to take a break from it all, so started the pill then and did another IVF cycle in September. That one failed, but we did another cycle back to back after that and I'm now pregnant.

So, technically it took me 2 (IVF) cycles to fall pregnant after the D&C, but there was a bit of a wait in there too due to me not ovulating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was waiting until I had one period before ttc again but ended up falling pregnant before that happened, so conceived about two weeks after my d&c.

BlissfulMama is offline Loving this new tiny person more than I ever imagined!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We started TTC straight away, basically when the bleeding stopped but I was using OPKs and I didn't ovulate for a good two months after my D & C. Fell pregnant with my sticky and now earthside DD 4 months after.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How long after a d&c did you wait to try again?

So we're okay to start right away?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    So we're okay to start right away?
    My OB said I could start trying as soon as I felt ready. He said there was no need to wait until your next AF. He said some people did only for the fact they knew what their LMP was.

So I started trying straight away. I was using OPKs so knew when I was ovulating. My cycle after the D&C was the same as normal so I counted the D&C as a 'AF' then 15 days later I ovulated.

I didnt fall pregnant straight after....it took another 7 cycles...I had a chemical then the next cycle (so cycle 8) I fell pregnant. It was the strongest BFP I haev ever got and I got it 3 days before Af and that never happens for me. DD is now 14 mo.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: How long after a d&c did you wait to try again?

I waited about 3-4 months and was pregnant again within 6 months from miscarriage. I chose to wait a couple months because I wasn't mentally ready to deal with being pregnant again and the possibility of losing it again. dr's had told me that there was no reason I couldn't start trying again straight away if I wanted to though.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were advised to wait a cycle before trying by the hospital. We didn't though (wanted to see if the rumor of being more fertile post D&C was true). It seems we ovulated and fell pregnant 5-6 weeks after. We're pleased because traditionally I don't ovulate/cycle. It seemed for us after doing a couple of rounds of ovulation induction set me off again (still actually haven't had AF since August last year - not counting m/c as a AF)