+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default New kitchen

So my hubby & I have just decided we have had enough of the old kitchen we have in our house so we going to install a new one, we want to DIY and would love to get some feed back on what's good bad? We were looking at ikea, masters & bunnings? And our kitchen is u shaped and we have budget of 3k! Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New kitchen

We did a bunnings kitchen, no complaints.

Mum did an ikea kitchen, no complaints

I'd rec getting a professional quote. We had a guy come around and give us great ideas on lay out (read: backed me up that DHs ideas we not practical, and were kind of ridiculous)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did a kitset kicthen no complaints either. I've seen a few on ebay aswell but have no experience with them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New kitchen

Thanks for the replies, anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We had a kitchen from K&D, not the best quality but does the job.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New kitchen

We put in an ikea kitchen - was great! Would recommend getting out their planner guy just to double check measurements etc and to make sure you get absolutely everything you need. We turned up at ikea with a massive list we just ticked off as we went then took it all home and put it together. Only thing we didn't do ourselves was install the benchtop, we got their recommended installer to do that for us. Looks great! Couldn't be happier with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default New kitchen

We have an ikea kitchen that I put in about 3 years ago. I LOVE it, my kitchen it huge and I have all draws except for under the sink and corner cabinets. They have a fantastic planning program you can download and put in your measurements then play around with what works.
    I also got the benchtops professionally installed and I'm glad I did he did a wonderful job and the rest was easy! Good luck, it was good fun and so worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New kitchen

Thanks guys, I'm so nervous as we have never done anything like this before! Think we are going to go with ikea! Just have to wait till the flood waters go down before we can get there !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default New kitchen

We did ikea cupboards, DH made benchtops himself and we bought a wicked 900mm smeg free standing stove from graysonline. Bit tricky getting the jigsaw together as we had an awkward space but if you have a pretty regular space, ikeas a breeze!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I was happy with the bunnings kitchens. If i have to do it again i will use them.