+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Reaching "Milestones" for little premmies.

Hi ,
    Hoping parents of little premmie's can share when their babies reached milestones.
    My DS has decided it is time to roll over when he has his tummy time. On Tuesday and again today within 2minutes of being on his belly he has rolled over. At 3.5 weeks corrected or nearly 13 weeks i was very suprised.
    When did your bubs roll over or reach other milestones, corrected or actual age.

He also seems to want to sleep less, isnt't he to early to be sleeping less??? we have been home from hospital for 5.5 weeks and he seems to be growing up quickly he is still only little at 2650g.

Cheers,

(Sorry if this is a duplicated thread.)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Reaching "Milestones" for little premmies.

We are 18w actual/13w corrected.
    DS has yet to roll over! In saying that he does have excellent head control and is already sitting up in the pram looking around at the world.
    Grabbing, meh kinda doing it. But not completely. He likes to keep his fists closed which doesn't help.
    He is going through wonder weeks earlier than expected. We hit them about 2 weeks after. Started the 14 week wonder week at week 16 actual, 11 corrected. Saying that he gets the basics of the leaps and we then work on them for a bit longer than others.
    I think he's more of a watch, listen, look baby rather than an active one. Grabbed a contrast book and needed to smell it, eat it, pull it and spend time with it. Nothing would distract him from it. Still kinda obsessed with this book 1 week on.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Izka For This Useful Post:

K n I  (01-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Reaching "Milestones" for little premmies.

Dd2 was 6 weeks prem. She didn't roll until about 6-7 months. Didn't sit till about 8-9 months, crawled at 9 months, walking and first tooth were 1 week before her first birthday.

ETA I'm talking actual age not corrected.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

K n I  (01-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Reaching "Milestones" for little premmies.

Hi!

My dd first rolled from tummy to back when she was 6 months actual, 11 weeks corrected (she was a 25 weeker). She then rolled from back on to tummy at 7 months actual and 16 weeks corrected.

She went through a phase of less sleeping when she was a couple of months old (corrected) but is now back to being a champion sleeper - she started sleeping through the night at 7.5 months actual / 4 months corrected and has three day naps.

Now at 8 months 1 week actual and just under 5 months corrected she can sit alone for about 10 seconds at a time and stand while being supported.

Hopefully your bub's early rolling is a sign of good things to come!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

K n I  (01-02-2013)