+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seeking recommendation for low intervention ob at Frances Perry or freemason

Hi
    I am seeking some recommendations on a low intervention ob at Frances Perry or Freemasons that is warm, caring and supportive of letting things run their course. I would really appreciate any personal messages with recommendations.
    I have posted this on a few other forums just in case it sounds familiar to you
    Thanks very much in advance
    Babel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, I would recommend Dr. David O'Callahan - his office is based at St V's private (which is where I had my son) but also delivers at Freemason's...

I found David to be wonderful - very warm, gentle and definitely practices low intervention deliveries... One of my friends who is a midwife at St V's recently had her bub through him as well (which I think says something considering she works with many obs..) and she selected David due to his low intervention philosophy...

I ended up with a ceaser after being in labour for 48 hours +, and that was mainly due to me asking for one... He was happy to continue as long as Bubs and I were still healthy and happy..

I can't recommend David highly enough!

Good luck!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juzz For This Useful Post:

Babel  (30-01-2013),thejamtart  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks very much for the recommendation Juzz
    Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Seeking recommendation for low intervention ob at Frances Perry or freemason

Quote Originally Posted by Juzz View Post
    Hi there, I would recommend Dr. David O'Callahan - his office is based at St V's private (which is where I had my son) but also delivers at Freemason's...

I found David to be wonderful - very warm, gentle and definitely practices low intervention deliveries... One of my friends who is a midwife at St V's recently had her bub through him as well (which I think says something considering she works with many obs..) and she selected David due to his low intervention philosophy...

I ended up with a ceaser after being in labour for 48 hours +, and that was mainly due to me asking for one... He was happy to continue as long as Bubs and I were still healthy and happy..

I can't recommend David highly enough!

Good luck!
    I second that! David is amazing. Really relaxed and just made me feel so comfortable. I had him at St Vs but, yes he does Freemasons. I just preferred to go to St Vs. And he's also way cheaper than most other OBs too.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

Babel  (30-01-2013),thejamtart  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Seeking recommendation for low intervention ob at Frances Perry or freemason

Peter Jurcevic works from Frances Perry. Highly recommend him and the hospital. I'm currently seeing him with no2 and have several friends that keep returning to him also.

Very low intervention rates - I had an episiotomy with DS1, which he tried to prevent for as long as possible. Found out later that I was only the 4th he had performed that year (Sept).

Very warm and caring nature, makes you feel comfortable and not rushed at every appt. Always returns calls or emails promptly, never makes you feel like you aren't in control.

My DS Dietitian says that he is very popular with other doctors, as is Frances Perry for maternity among doctors.

It also helps that he's easy on the eye

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Babel  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Peter Jurcevic works from Frances Perry. Highly recommend him and the hospital. I'm currently seeing him with no2 and have several friends that keep returning to him also.

Very low intervention rates - I had an episiotomy with DS1, which he tried to prevent for as long as possible. Found out later that I was only the 4th he had performed that year (Sept).

Very warm and caring nature, makes you feel comfortable and not rushed at every appt. Always returns calls or emails promptly, never makes you feel like you aren't in control.

My DS Dietitian says that he is very popular with other doctors, as is Frances Perry for maternity among doctors.

It also helps that he's easy on the eye

Thanks very much unfortunately I tried him today and he is not taking any new patients ! a real shame as have heard great things

Thanks
    Reviews

Not sure of his history for low intervention but I highly recommend Mark Umstad. He's at Frances Perry and is simply lovely. He is also an expert in many different birth and pregnancy complications. He was very supportive of my wish to have an active labour without intervention unless necessary.

I did end up with an e-csec but it was actually performed by Peter Jurcevic who was on call the weekend I went into labour. I can also confirm that Peter is also a lovely dr.
    Last edited by giggle berry; 30-01-2013 at 21:18.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

Babel  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by giggle berry View Post
    Not sure of his history for low intervention but I highly recommend Mark Umstad. He's at Frances Perry and is simply lovely. He is also an expert in many different birth and pregnancy complications. He was very supportive of my wish to have an active labour without intervention unless necessary.

I did end up with an e-csec but it was actually performed by Peter Jurcevic who was on call the weekend I went into labour. I can also confirm that Peter is also a lovely dr.
    Mark is actually one of the rotating OB's that Peter works with (hence him performing your c/s I guess!). There are 3-4 of them that cover each others patients when required.

Peter speaks highly of Mark and I actually had him for a check-up when Peter was called to an emergency. So yes I would say give Mark a call too OP if Peter already booked out

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Babel  (01-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Another David O'Callaghan fan here! The man is divine, in my opinion! I can't speak highly enough of him and would recommend him to anyone. He delivered both my children in 2006 and 2010 at St. Vincent's. Couldn't have been happier with him.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

Babel  (01-02-2013),Cat21  (31-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi I had dr Rachael Ryan for my first boy at Freemasons and she was amazing. I wanted touse her for my second boy but she was on 12 mths leave devastated but she recommended me To go to fiona cowell also at Freemasons and she was also brilliant. Unfortunately she was away when I went into labour early so had another ob. Both Rachael and Fiona were natural approach. Fiona actually also works as a public ob at the mercy hospital in Heidelberg -good luck

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firsttimeparents For This Useful Post:

Babel  (01-02-2013),thejamtart  (08-05-2013)