+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0

    Default Seeking recommendation for low intervention ob at Frances Perry or freemason

    Hi
    I am seeking some recommendations on a low intervention ob at Frances Perry or Freemasons that is warm, caring and supportive of letting things run their course. I would really appreciate any personal messages with recommendations.
    I have posted this on a few other forums just in case it sounds familiar to you
    Thanks very much in advance
    Babel

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    515
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked
    95
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, I would recommend Dr. David O'Callahan - his office is based at St V's private (which is where I had my son) but also delivers at Freemason's...

    I found David to be wonderful - very warm, gentle and definitely practices low intervention deliveries... One of my friends who is a midwife at St V's recently had her bub through him as well (which I think says something considering she works with many obs..) and she selected David due to his low intervention philosophy...

    I ended up with a ceaser after being in labour for 48 hours +, and that was mainly due to me asking for one... He was happy to continue as long as Bubs and I were still healthy and happy..

    I can't recommend David highly enough!

    Good luck!

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juzz For This Useful Post:

    Babel  (30-01-2013),thejamtart  (08-05-2013)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks very much for the recommendation Juzz
    Cheers

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    899
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked
    112
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Re: Seeking recommendation for low intervention ob at Frances Perry or freemason

    Quote Originally Posted by Juzz View Post
    Hi there, I would recommend Dr. David O'Callahan - his office is based at St V's private (which is where I had my son) but also delivers at Freemason's...

    I found David to be wonderful - very warm, gentle and definitely practices low intervention deliveries... One of my friends who is a midwife at St V's recently had her bub through him as well (which I think says something considering she works with many obs..) and she selected David due to his low intervention philosophy...

    I ended up with a ceaser after being in labour for 48 hours +, and that was mainly due to me asking for one... He was happy to continue as long as Bubs and I were still healthy and happy..

    I can't recommend David highly enough!

    Good luck!
    I second that! David is amazing. Really relaxed and just made me feel so comfortable. I had him at St Vs but, yes he does Freemasons. I just preferred to go to St Vs. And he's also way cheaper than most other OBs too.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

    Babel  (30-01-2013),thejamtart  (08-05-2013)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,666
    Thanks
    1,426
    Thanked
    1,431
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Seeking recommendation for low intervention ob at Frances Perry or freemason

    Peter Jurcevic works from Frances Perry. Highly recommend him and the hospital. I'm currently seeing him with no2 and have several friends that keep returning to him also.

    Very low intervention rates - I had an episiotomy with DS1, which he tried to prevent for as long as possible. Found out later that I was only the 4th he had performed that year (Sept).

    Very warm and caring nature, makes you feel comfortable and not rushed at every appt. Always returns calls or emails promptly, never makes you feel like you aren't in control.

    My DS Dietitian says that he is very popular with other doctors, as is Frances Perry for maternity among doctors.

    It also helps that he's easy on the eye

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

    Babel  (30-01-2013)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Peter Jurcevic works from Frances Perry. Highly recommend him and the hospital. I'm currently seeing him with no2 and have several friends that keep returning to him also.

    Very low intervention rates - I had an episiotomy with DS1, which he tried to prevent for as long as possible. Found out later that I was only the 4th he had performed that year (Sept).

    Very warm and caring nature, makes you feel comfortable and not rushed at every appt. Always returns calls or emails promptly, never makes you feel like you aren't in control.

    My DS Dietitian says that he is very popular with other doctors, as is Frances Perry for maternity among doctors.

    It also helps that he's easy on the eye

    Thanks very much unfortunately I tried him today and he is not taking any new patients ! a real shame as have heard great things

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,463
    Thanks
    1,970
    Thanked
    522
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Seeking recommendation for low intervention ob at Frances Perry or freemason

    Not sure of his history for low intervention but I highly recommend Mark Umstad. He's at Frances Perry and is simply lovely. He is also an expert in many different birth and pregnancy complications. He was very supportive of my wish to have an active labour without intervention unless necessary.

    I did end up with an e-csec but it was actually performed by Peter Jurcevic who was on call the weekend I went into labour. I can also confirm that Peter is also a lovely dr.
    Last edited by giggle berry; 30-01-2013 at 21:18.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

    Babel  (30-01-2013)

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,666
    Thanks
    1,426
    Thanked
    1,431
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Seeking recommendation for low intervention ob at Frances Perry or freemason

    Quote Originally Posted by giggle berry View Post
    Not sure of his history for low intervention but I highly recommend Mark Umstad. He's at Frances Perry and is simply lovely. He is also an expert in many different birth and pregnancy complications. He was very supportive of my wish to have an active labour without intervention unless necessary.

    I did end up with an e-csec but it was actually performed by Peter Jurcevic who was on call the weekend I went into labour. I can also confirm that Peter is also a lovely dr.
    Mark is actually one of the rotating OB's that Peter works with (hence him performing your c/s I guess!). There are 3-4 of them that cover each others patients when required.

    Peter speaks highly of Mark and I actually had him for a check-up when Peter was called to an emergency. So yes I would say give Mark a call too OP if Peter already booked out

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

    Babel  (01-02-2013)

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    976
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked
    484
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Seeking recommendation for low intervention ob at Frances Perry or freemason

    Another David O'Callaghan fan here! The man is divine, in my opinion! I can't speak highly enough of him and would recommend him to anyone. He delivered both my children in 2006 and 2010 at St. Vincent's. Couldn't have been happier with him.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

    Babel  (01-02-2013),Cat21  (31-01-2013)

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    42
    Reviews
    0

    Default Seeking recommendation for low intervention ob at Frances Perry or freemason

    Hi I had dr Rachael Ryan for my first boy at Freemasons and she was amazing. I wanted touse her for my second boy but she was on 12 mths leave devastated but she recommended me To go to fiona cowell also at Freemasons and she was also brilliant. Unfortunately she was away when I went into labour early so had another ob. Both Rachael and Fiona were natural approach. Fiona actually also works as a public ob at the mercy hospital in Heidelberg -good luck

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firsttimeparents For This Useful Post:

    Babel  (01-02-2013),thejamtart  (08-05-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Seeking OB for Frances Perry
    By elbie in forum Seeking a Maternity Hospital
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25-11-2012, 22:42
  2. St Vincents or Frances Perry? Ob suggestions?
    By First Timer 2012 in forum Seeking a Maternity Hospital
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-03-2012, 10:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Maternity Clothes
Looking to buy maternity clothes? :: Check the bubhub directory of local & online maternity clothes shops :: Find preloved maternity wear
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!