+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ordering wedding dresses from online shops

I ordered my dress online from ieie boutique. I custom designed the dress and had it made to measure for $400 incl shipping- the dress was immaculate! The beading and lace work was so beautiful and Wendy made it and had to my door within 6 weeks.

I've also purchased an evening dress from light in the box, which was also impeccable. It arrived in a nice garment bag with tags and was perfectly accurate with the photo. Light in the box are one of the few "knock off" type sites that ONLY advertise their own work. All images on their website are of dresses they have made, I think that's why their review rate is most often then not very positive. It's also the reason I chose them over others

Both experiences for me were hassle free & saved me money

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Wow so much helpful info thank u!!!! I am in process of getting quotes from the two USA companies I found (perfect bridal and princess bridal) and will see how they go. I think I'm too nervous to get a knock of finesse it all turns bad so will hunt around for a shop that has genuine ones - just cheaper than here!!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Have you thought about a second hand dress? I found my dream dress in store at $3500 and found it on stillwhite for $1800 worn once with original receipts. Most dresses are 60% off and many are under a few hundred

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got mine from America. It was an Essence of Australia dress and Brides of Melbourne were charging $3000 for it.
    I bought it from bestbridalprices for $1400 because it wasn't a popular brand in America. I also got my tiara and flower girl's jewellery from them because they had a deal that you got a free pair of shoes with an EoA dress and I didn't need shoes so they offered to let me pick something else .

They said 6-8 weeks, I got it in 3. I was absolutely thrilled. I knew that the dress would fit as I'd tried it on in Aus so for me it was a no-brainer. I don't think they do EoA dresses anymore but they still have a massive range including Alfred Angelo and Maggie Sottero.

Personally I wouldn't buy a dress from China unless they are willing to send you photos of the EXACT dress that you will receive (ie. the dress made and ready to go) because I had one do a knock off version of the dress I wanted and when they sent me pics it was absolutely awful. Looked like a really cheap rip off that had been knocked together in a half hour. I was NOT going to wear that!
    That being said I've had friends get their dresses from China and the dressmakers have done a lovely job and you would never know it was a cheap dress so I guess research is the key.

Thanks
    Reviews

Awesome - I will check out those two places suggested. Thank you mine is an allure brand dress so I think it's American

Thanks
    Reviews

Just an update

I have two quotes. Princess bridal is $1090 all up and perfect bridal is $1460 all up looks like princess is the winner!!! Can't believe it considering here its on special for $1600 and that doesn't include a veil. The USA companies throw in a veil too!!

Ps: light in the box is awesome. Have worn a bridesmaids dress from there before. I just want an exact dress so hence shopping at USA stores who have it

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Ordering wedding dresses from online shops

I think I got my bridal jewelry from princess bridal, they were good too. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Question. My dress is $1090usd which is about $1045 aud. this puts it over the $1k to get no customs tax. How did u guys get around this?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Ordering wedding dresses from online shops

I didn't get around it, but it all still came in around half the price of buying it here.

However after our wedding I shipped it back to Australia and they tried to charge me again. When I explained to them it wasn't new they just sent it on, so either if you know someone in the states who can send it on as a "gift" or if you want to have a go at saying you bought it in Australia and you're just shipping it home and see if you can get around it that way?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Hmmmm may need to look into that! Because I did an online calculation and it means that the dress comes to only $200 cheaper with all the taxes. Yes it's still cheaper but then I need to pay to get it pressed etc.... Will research more