+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ordering wedding dresses from online shops

I found perfect bridal and they claim to be all authentic. Will look up princess bridal too any other recommendations ladies?

Thanks
    Reviews

I bought online hate to be the bearer of bad news but unless they can give you pictures of their actual remakes don't do it... I bought online 3 different times all were a failure if your a supermodel waist then anything would look great on you but anyone with curves or chunky bits I would record forking out for the real hung if at all possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Subbing, I was looking at Ava bridal for my wedding dress but have concerns about how good the dress will actually be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Ordering wedding dresses from online shops

I was going to purchase my wedding dress online so scanned a million forums and facebook pages, only to end up finding a dress I loved in a bridal shop. But lightinthebox dotcom has had the best reviews by far. I bought shoes and some other little things from there and was happy.

ETA they post photos of their dresses, not the originals

Thanks
    Reviews

I bought from dress of your dreams and like I said it was all good

Thanks
    Reviews

The shop I have now found is a USA shop that says its all authentic from designer. I'm waiting on a price. The Chinese website emailed me back saying 'no its not the exact same dress we will try copy it 90%' so that's a no go on the $350 dress! But am hoping getting from the USA site will be ok as they claim originals and have similar time to make it as my bridal shop in town have me...

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Twoalready View Post
    I bought online hate to be the bearer of bad news but unless they can give you pictures of their actual remakes don't do it... I bought online 3 different times all were a failure if your a supermodel waist then anything would look great on you but anyone with curves or chunky bits I would record forking out for the real hung if at all possible.
    What website did u use? Just so I know what to avoid!

Thanks
    Reviews

I got mine from Milly bridal in china. Loved it. Yes it was a knock off but it looked great. I actually had the beading from one dress and the design of another, custom size. I added an inch or 2 to the height as I was scared it would be too short but that made it an inch or 2 too long!!! Was easy for mum to fix.

They sometimes took a while to reply to emails which did make me worry but it all turned out ok. They sent pics of the dress before they sent it. I life and said I was getting married 6 weeks before I really was just in case but got the dress about the time they quoted.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thought I would show you some pics

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I was going to purchase my wedding dress online so scanned a million forums and facebook pages, only to end up finding a dress I loved in a bridal shop. But lightinthebox dotcom has had the best reviews by far. I bought shoes and some other little things from there and was happy.

ETA they post photos of their dresses, not the originals
    My sister ordered one from lightinthebox and her opinion was that it was exactly like the pictures, made well, fitted well with her measurements but there was a gathering on the hips that their photos didn't show (didn't show that angle) that made her hips look huge. Other than that it was good Shipping was nice and quick, and it was close to Christmas time and it was still delivered within their estimated time.