+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ordering wedding dresses from online shops

Hi there. I have found my dream dress here in oz for $2k and then after googling the name of the dress have found it online on a couple of sites for $350!!!! It's straight from china I'm guessing (the one from
    Here was going to be made in china and sent to bridal shop anyway). It's a huge saving obviously and I want to buy it.... But want to know if anyone else can tell me if they have bought any wedding dresses direct online. And if so - how did it go and what site was it? I'm keen to order it just want to hear any stories....

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

My dream dress was $2.5k in the store and I managed to find it in an American bridal store and even with shipping only cost me $1200.

I was lucky that mine was by the same designer and I had already tried it on so knew what size I needed but at the same time the American store wouldn't ship it to me until I sent my measurements.

They then advised shipping would be 11-13 weeks but the dress turned up in 3 weeks and because it was cheap I didn't have to pay any stamp duty!

I had an excellent experience and although I feel bad as I try to support the locals and buy Australian when it came to our wedding I had to do everything on a budget.

Not sure about the china side of things but by doing my research I basically got my dress half price. I would definitely recommend shopping around and doing your research.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

S

Thanks
    Reviews

Mine is also the exact same dress so I know the size etc. what site did you get it from?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Ordering wedding dresses from online shops

I think the name of the online store I got my dress from was perfect bridal..?

Let me look it up, their service was amazing. The dress even came with a certificate of authenticity so I knew it was genuine.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Ordering wedding dresses from online shops

Yeah I'm pretty sure that was it, but that store doesn't sell my dress any more, soI can't be certain.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I looked them up and they have my dress, I have emailed them for a price. I hope it's good!!! It's now $1640 here in oz (on special) shopping I get some savings from overseas!

So you were happy and would highly recommend them?

Also - were they good on responding to emails?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi, I bought my wedding dress online and had a nightmare.
    Had to order it by the end of Jan, delivery would be end of August, wedding end if Nov.
    August came and went and was told it was on its way, September passed by was reassured any week now. By Oct I was frantic still not received it and there was no reply from Internet company. November came still no answer and started seeing comments on wedding sites with other brides to be about dresses not arriving too. It turns out the owner had sold the company and the new owner wasn't doing anything with the dresses. To this day I don't know what actually happened, I got my dress 4 days before my wedding and would certainly not wish this anguish and frustration on anyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews

I got my wedding dress online. Was much cheaper, made to measure and delivered with no problems. All I needed to do was have it pressed and wear it on the day

Thanks
    Reviews

What companies did both u ladies get them thru? Just so I know what is the ones to avoid etc

Thanks
    Reviews

Mine was princess bridal in America if you want to look them up.