+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Isn't so good sometimes just to let the tears flow?

I have been awake since almost midnight due to just heat and frustration.

I can feel af coming. Am cranky. husband is cranky at me being cranky even though he really should feel greatfull i didn't murder him in his sleep last night for waking me.

So much is happening in our wee corner of the world though I am finding it hard to feel that sorry for myself.

So I had a glass of wine, okay really 2.5 by the time the glass was full up, and I shed a tear, for me, for friends struggling to ttc, for those I don't even know who excitedly went to their ultrasound today to find at 10weeks their baby has no heartbeat, for lives lost in the crazy weather in aussie, for people just feeling alone and hurt.

It actually feels good to cry. Normally I just get cranky when faced with a lot of emotion. but crying is good. such a release.

I think it is all that saved me when I had ds and felt so alone . I said I wasn't okay and I cried.

You don't have to post, and you don't have to tell us you have cried or need to. But if you can let yourself cry if you need to. it is okay not to be strong or superhuman. We also don't always need to face adversity with dignity and strength. I just want others to know you are not alone and it is okay to let go when you need to.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to upforroundtwo For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Isn't so good sometimes just to let the tears flow?

I totally agree, sometimes crying releases all that pent up hurt xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes. I am kinda a hard ar5w in real life. tough on people, tough on myself, sucker for my kid though. Sometimes it is hard to cry but so worth it. omg speaking of crying my next story made me cry for two days......posted this on my fb. Might out me if I know anyone who knows what I posted but...

There are somethings that just remind you what life is all about.

We just had a lovely last day at work for the year. Nice lunch. I am proud to say we raised nearly $1000 between us at lunch for our Cyclone appeal (and work is matching dollar for dollar donations). Typical me I over catered the event. But I just told my boss that and said I will not apologise. Firstly I was under budget and secondly I just was able to deliver the food to the Auckland City Mission.

I have to say when I drove up I was a bit intimidated even for a South Auckland girl. There were crowds spilling over about 100metres+ of foot path outside the mission. But for a non religious person I would have to say I felt god was helping me. I had a easy drive in (in holiday traffic), I got a dodgey wee park straight outside.

I picked up my first box of food, took a deep breath and walked towards the crowd of people. People turned, smiled and parted for me to get through. I found a frantic and sweaty volunteer quite easily and came with me to collect the rest of the food. The first thing he did when he saw it was say “thank god we are already out of meat”.

As I walked back to my car people smiled at me and wished me Merry Christmas. An old toothless lady took my hand and said thank you. I managed to hold it together until I got to my car then I cried from the mission all the way back to work.

I am still teary now.

It was sad and beautiful at the same time.

Merry xmas everyone, don't sweat the small stuff. Love everyone.

Got back to work, still crying, made the receptionist and everyone I came into contact with cry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Always good to have a cry, see my sig

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

upforroundtwo  (30-01-2013)