+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Rash after every meal HELP

I agree with Elijahs mum, google salicylates - a very common reaction in little people. I would also totally cut out all preservatives, colours and additives (though hopefully not many of them in your diet anyway). Get a good probiotic, as usually rashes are linked to something funny going on in the gut.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son used to get this (still does) and it wasn't so much an intolerance as sensitive skin. Vegemite, tomatoes, strawberries, kiwi, anything tomato based (spaghetti Bol etc) would have him in a rash. I used pawpaw cream (slathered it on before each meal) and it would help clear it. He used to have a dummy which would make it worse (the saliva would irritate it and wouldn't let it clear up and dry out). Until I ditched the dummy I had a big prob. Now that he's older and less prone to smearing its less of a problem. Although, once at his school he flared up after having a vegemite sandwich, sending the teachers into a panic...didn't help that the cheeky bugger told them that he's allergic to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with MummaOJ, definitely get some probiotics. Not all probiotics are any good though, if you can afford it, a Naturopath would have some good ones.

Also, don't be alarmed if probiotics initally make the rash flare a bit. It is perfectly normal for things to get worse before they get better. Any reaction should be short lived.

I hope you get to the bottom of things soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does sound like salicylates would be worth further investigation, my ds had rashes etc when he was younger so we limited foods high in salicylates and it was better. Recently he had a blood orange drink and within half an hour was itchy, starting get all blotchy and felt sick, gave him some phenergen and it settled but we won't be doing that again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also recommend looking into salicylates. My mum suffers, tea/berries are the worst offenders but there are others. Also a really good friends youngest daughter suffers as well and her's breaks out on her face and looks A LOT like eczema

Thanks
    Reviews

Ds after Vegemite
    Worst rash he has had

Thanks
    Reviews

Ds after spag bog & yoghurt

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you all so so much for your help & advise, I will be looking at all the options you have given me
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh he is so cute, what a happy little man, I hope you find a solution, I understand how frustrating it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Ds no longer gets these rashes after these foods. So happy :-) thanks for all your help