Had to share this:
16 Quotes From Tony Abbott to Remind You Why He Shouldn’t Be Prime Minister
1. ‘Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia.’
2. ‘These people aren’t so much seeking asylum, they’re seeking permanent residency. If they were happy with temporary protection visas, then they might be able to argue better that they were asylum seekers’
On rights at work:
3. ‘If we’re honest, most of us would accept that a bad boss is a little bit like a bad father or a bad husband … you find that he tends to do more good than harm. He might be a bad boss but at least he’s employing someone while he is in fact a boss.’
4. ‘The problem with the Australian practice of abortion is that an objectively grave matter has been reduced to a question of the mother’s convenience.’
5. ‘I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons’
6. ‘I think there does need to be give and take on both sides, and this idea that sex is kind of a woman’s right to absolutely withhold, just as the idea that sex is a man’s right to demand I think they are both they both need to be moderated, so to speak’
7. ‘What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it’s going to go up in price and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up, every year…’
On Julia Gillard:
8. ‘Gillard won’t lie down and die’
On climate change:
9. ‘Climate change is absolute crap’
10. ‘If you want to put a price on carbon why not just do it with a simple tax.’
11. ‘I’d probably … I feel a bit threatened’
12. ‘If you’d asked me for advice I would have said to have – adopt a sort of “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy about all of these things…’
On Indigenous Australia:
13. ‘Now, I know that there are some Aboriginal people who aren’t happy with Australia Day. For them it remains Invasion Day. I think a better view is the view of Noel Pearson, who has said that Aboriginal people have much to celebrate in this country’s British Heritage’
14. ‘Western civilisation came to this country in 1788 and I’m proud of that…’
15. ‘There may not be a great job for them but whatever there is, they just have to do it, and if it’s picking up rubbish around the community, it just has to be done’
On Nicola Roxon:
16: ‘That’s bull****. You’re being deliberately unpleasant. I suppose you can’t help yourself, can you?’
atomicmama (30-01-2013),beebs (31-01-2013),Busy-Bee (30-01-2013),darla87 (30-01-2013),FearlessLeader (30-01-2013),HappyBovinexx (30-01-2013),Lillynix (03-02-2013),Maybelline (30-01-2013),Mulva (30-01-2013),Renn (31-01-2013),Sally08 (30-01-2013),singlemumma82 (30-01-2013),Someones Mummy (30-01-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup (30-01-2013),~Marigold~ (30-01-2013)
Since I'm not a housewife and I don't iron, my bills stay the same, right?
Yet again it will be an election where we vote not for the party we want in most, but against the party we want in least.
Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub
If there was a December election do you think she would put it on Christmas day if it fell on a Saturday or Sunday or do you think she would choose a weekend the week before or after?
14 September is Yom Kippur.
If this is the case, surely you can apply for a postal vote?
This is from the AEC website:
Early vote: in person or by post
You can vote early either in person or by post if on election day you:
are outside the electorate where you are enrolled to vote
are more than 8km from a polling place
can't leave your workplace to vote
are seriously ill, infirm or due to give birth shortly (or caring for someone who is)
are a patient in hospital and can't vote at the hospital
have religious beliefs that prevent you from attending a polling place
are in prison serving a sentence of less than three years or otherwise detained
are a silent elector
have a reasonable fear for your safety.
Last edited by Atropos; 30-01-2013 at 14:55.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!