+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The School Kids Bonus is just a lump sum payment to everyone, rather than claiming school-related stuff at tax time. It won't really matter whether it's there or not IMO.

I'll be voting Greens, as per usual. I know they'll never "win" government, but I would rather have a few of them in there than none. I don't fully agree with their policies either, I just feel they're more a step in the right direction than either of the 2 main parties.

Of course, I still hope Labor wins... because I'm dreading what rights will be stripped of me as a woman otherwise.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (31-01-2013),Maybelline  (31-01-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (31-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    No but I'm also not happy with a lot of the changes the currant government have introduced, more so than I am about the issues you have brought up.
    What issues ..interested to know ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh goodness, he is vile isn't he? Ugh. The thing that really annoys me about Abbott is that he is such an idiot, he is always saying stupid, insensitive, offensive things. Can't the Liberal party see what a hinderance he is? Saying that, I would never vote Libs, I'd stab my own eye out first. But even as a non Liberal, surely they can see they would be better off with someone else as leader of the party??

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Had to share this:

16 Quotes From Tony Abbott to Remind You Why He Shouldn’t Be Prime Minister
    On immigration:

1. ‘Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia.’

2. ‘These people aren’t so much seeking asylum, they’re seeking permanent residency. If they were happy with temporary protection visas, then they might be able to argue better that they were asylum seekers’

On rights at work:

3. ‘If we’re honest, most of us would accept that a bad boss is a little bit like a bad father or a bad husband … you find that he tends to do more good than harm. He might be a bad boss but at least he’s employing someone while he is in fact a boss.’

On women:

4. ‘The problem with the Australian practice of abortion is that an objectively grave matter has been reduced to a question of the mother’s convenience.’

5. ‘I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons’

6. ‘I think there does need to be give and take on both sides, and this idea that sex is kind of a woman’s right to absolutely withhold, just as the idea that sex is a man’s right to demand I think they are both they both need to be moderated, so to speak’

7. ‘What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it’s going to go up in price and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up, every year…’

On Julia Gillard:

8. ‘Gillard won’t lie down and die’

On climate change:

9. ‘Climate change is absolute crap’

10. ‘If you want to put a price on carbon why not just do it with a simple tax.’

On homosexuality:

11. ‘I’d probably … I feel a bit threatened’

12. ‘If you’d asked me for advice I would have said to have – adopt a sort of “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy about all of these things…’

On Indigenous Australia:

13. ‘Now, I know that there are some Aboriginal people who aren’t happy with Australia Day. For them it remains Invasion Day. I think a better view is the view of Noel Pearson, who has said that Aboriginal people have much to celebrate in this country’s British Heritage’

14. ‘Western civilisation came to this country in 1788 and I’m proud of that…’

15. ‘There may not be a great job for them but whatever there is, they just have to do it, and if it’s picking up rubbish around the community, it just has to be done’

On Nicola Roxon:

16: ‘That’s bull****. You’re being deliberately unpleasant. I suppose you can’t help yourself, can you?’

From: http://whatistherundude.wordpress.co...rime-minister/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atkogirl85 View Post
    My thoughts EXACTLY! The sad truth is that many Abbott fans are either blind liberal supporters or un-educated so & so's who believe Abbott's vague, politics 101 bull. They ignorantly blame the current government for their troubles and perceived owed entitlements, then gladly fall for the promises of the new guy.

I used to be a liberal fan back in the Howard days, but it doesn't take a genius to see that Abbott has no substance or integrity. I'm so sick of hearing him blantantly trash talk the labor government and stubbornly oppose everything proposed by Labor - then not-so-subtly putting forward his own, almost identical policies with itty-bitty changes.

I for one am glad it is going to be a long election, because Tony can't keep up his nice-guy act for long. He can reference the John Howard years and 'trust' till the cows come home, but eventually he is going to have to get mighty specific about his policy and budget - and we all know he is not shown much ability in that area.
    To suggest those that prefer Abbott are blind liberal or uneducated is quite rude. Just because someone has a different opinion to yours doesn't mean they are uneducated.

Just a few of the things that have occurred since Gillard has been pm and my reasons for not liking her or labour;
    1. Just look at how she treated Rudd, (yep she's just a lovely person.. not)
    2. She has introduced the rebate changes to the health insurance
    3. Intoduced Carbon tax (something she promised not to do, yep she's very honest...not)
    4. She has slashed the defense budget (this should be of upmost importance)
    5. She was responsible for the changes meaning IVF costs increased
    6. she cut 1.6billion to hospital funding
    7. She also slashed the budget re border security
    8. The mining tax

Just a few of my reasons, I have lots more but don't have time to be sitting here all day

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

MummaOJ  (31-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baahhaha!! On an absolutely hilarious note, I thought I'd share something I just read that from 'dinkum' Tony last month...

TONY ABBOT: "Margie and i know what it's like to wrestle with a mortgage, fight traffic jams, juggle school fees and health insurance premiums and shop around to beat prices that just keep going up and up"

This was part of an explanation as to why the people should see he would be the better PM... like we are morons? HE MAKES $350,000+ PER YEAR!

I dont know about you, but that made me PML!
    What a load... hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default And we have an election date ... 14 September

I can guarantee they'll be speaking to older retirees and the wealthier and they'll use to death the carbon tax and labours back flip. All predictable.
    People who don't care for anyone below them will vote liberal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    To suggest those that prefer Abbott are blind liberal or uneducated is quite rude. Just because someone has a different opinion to yours doesn't mean they are uneducated.

Just a few of the things that have occurred since Gillard has been pm and my reasons for not liking her or labour;
    3. Intoduced Carbon tax (something she promised not to do, yep she's very honest...not)
    8. The mining tax

Just a few of my reasons, I have lots more but don't have time to be sitting here all day
    no issues with any of those ..budgets get slashed .. Changes have to happen .. It's where it happens that matters
    the poor Rudd stuff ... That's politics !! ( orchestrated by many not just one )

and yes there is a massive difference in liberal and labor voters ( thought this was common knowledge)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    I was reading today that Abbot was going to cut the School Kids Bonus. While as I do not qualify for this I wonder how many more welfare payments he will cut.

I will see if I can find the news article and link it.

ETA http://www.news.com.au/national/tony...-1226565865736
    But he does plan to make childcare more affordable and increase the parental leave

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post

8. The mining tax

I didn't mean uneducated in general, but uneducated regarding the actual specifics, costing and attainability of most of what Tony says.
    He has admitted to being 'untrustworthy unless scripted', has made huge (public and personal) financial oopsi-daisys and has shown character flaws in relation to not just woman, but most minorities also.

I never said that his proposals don't sound good - in theory... but are they realistic? I mean abolishing the Carbon/Mining Tax is most likely impossible as he'd need to pass it through parliament and 'getting rid of the boats' Howard's way is a load, cos Labor already went back to Howard's way last year... well as much as the Amnesty International Laws would allow them...

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default And we have an election date ... 14 September

On IVF costs increasing: the Medicare rebate for it also increased the same amount? So you still get back the same proportion of the initial outlay.