+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Nor do I, I don't remember implying that I did?
    ok that's just how i read your post - by saying Australians want better it carried the implication "better than what they currently have".

Parliament is an embarrassment for both sides, but it has been for decades.
    Last edited by Sonja; 31-01-2013 at 09:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default And we have an election date ... 14 September

I've always voted liberal, but even though I know you vote for the party, not a person specifically, I can't bring myself to help put Tony Abbott in power. He makes me feel sick.
    So I'm confused about what to do.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to peasmum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (31-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Just remember that we're voting for the whole party, not the face of it.
    I don't want to listen to their dribble for the next 9 months
    For sure.

Personally though, I think the person is just as important as the party - we need someone who's an excellent orator and debater, is presentable, likeable, clever, intelligent and most importantly, evolved. It simply cannot be TA!

I think JG does the job credibly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Pfft I dont really care for either of the parties at the moment to me its simply trying to choose the lessor of two evils. I dont care if we vote tomorrow august or september im still going to dread it.

As far as "Yom Kippur" I will raise my ahnd and tell you openly i had absolutley no , None, not one smidge of an idea what that was til right now. Even now i i know it holds significance to a samll group but have no idea why. Anyways if the government tried to find a date that suited EVERYBODY we wouldnt ever vote.

I dont understand why this has turned into a racist/ racism conversation. Im sure it wasn't something intentionally done to pi$s people off.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

MummaOJ  (31-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was always taught Liberal is for the rich Labour is for working class. We're working class, we have 2 young kids and we rely on government handouts because we don't earn a high income or own a business.
    I want a government that puts education first, health care first, doesn't take away from the poor to advantage the rich and make them more money, I want more jobs for Australians, I want more businesses for Australians (which yes liberal helps but not at the expense of the have nots) I want a government that cares for minority groups and sees gay marriage as important and something they just need to do, I want a government that sees climate change as important and makes it a priority, I want them to look after the most disadvantaged and not create more dependance on welfare but take it away at the same time and blame society for it. And I don't want a government that is funded by religious groups and people like Gina fk c Rinehart who's only concern is to push their own agendas at the expense of Australians.
    So who is the lesser of 2 evils? As a working class family on an average income, with 2 young children, paying a mortgage, paying bills and having 2 children who will start school soon and rely heavily on education and healthcare, I want to put someone in their seat that will help these issues.

Liberal was in power for 10years, since I started voting. They did well because the economy around the world was strong, they will ride that train for as long as they can. But what did they do for schools? Healthcare? Climate? The world was in recession and Labour was put right in the middle of it, they did well, my husband is in construction, we had work and didn't suffer it at all. I can't honestly say that Labour has anything bad or wrong in my eyes, sure they're not perfect but what government is? I don't even know what Liberals policies are, they never seem to have a clear path to me, they spend all their time bagging the government, trying to bring up scandals, they wasted the end of last year questioning the PM over some sort of 'scandal' that brought up nothing. It was embarressing, watching TA sit back while his minister questioned Julia was sickening.
    Why would I want him as PM? And I also agree, I would be so embaressed to have him represent us o/s, it's like we'll be going backwards.
    Anyway. That's how I feel. Vote Greens

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (31-01-2013),InWatermelonSugar  (01-02-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (31-01-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (31-01-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

If only Julia Gillard supported gay marriage. For me, that's the biggest downfall

And I think if she did, she'd grab a whole lot more votes, too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    If only Julia Gillard supported gay marriage. For me, that's the biggest downfall

And I think if she did, she'd grab a whole lot more votes, too.
    But they believe they'd lose more. Sad.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews

It sucks

I want Obama!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    They are better off not making it an election issue and then if making it one of the first things they do. By the time of the next election most people would have forgotten about it, gotten over it or just realised the world hasn't ended.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: And we have an election date ... 14 September

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    It sucks

I want Obama!
    You know, I do like Obama, but I do think he is as much a party stooge as any other politician. The fact is they are in their positions by the grace of the party voting that way so they have to tow the party line on most issues, or they get Rudded.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub