+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Bath, loud classical music, and counting (1, 2, 3, 4) and bashing my hairbrush on the side of the bath along with the counting
    Sorry,this made me laugh, this sounds like my 4 yr old in the bath

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I found laying on the floor begging for drugs and crying to go home worked for me. Lol.

Ermm... Actually I had the saline injections in my back because I was so freaking out from pain and pressure that I was so close to just giving up.

That helped so much, it wasn't exactly "natural" but it wasn't a drug. The other thing that helped was finally being able to push and get it over with.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Also sitting on the toilet pushing, I wasn't really ready to push but I had so much pressure downwards I thought I needed to poop and sitting on the toilet "relaxing" sort of helped take off the "pressure" in a way. Also I hated my midwife (not her fault, I hated everyone) so I was hiding in the bathroom so people would stop talking to me.

I suppose sitting in a birthing chair would probably do the same thing position wise, but for me it was also the I guess seeking out a safe "cave" instinct. The midwife eventually convinced me to come out that I had to come back and push out a baby.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With my first I was already in a haze of gas and pethidine so I don't really remember to well, probably went crazy on the gas. With DS I didn't cope very well, I started gas and got a shot of pethidine during transition and just kept telling DH I couldn't do it (who very logically and annoyingly tried to reason with me by asking I wanted to do about it ). DD2 I was in the bath and made groaning type noises and thought crazy thoughts like if I pretend I need to push maybe they will let me get out of the bath because being in the bath was starting to annoy me. DD3 I hit the the chair that I was leaning over, half-heartedly cried, screamed like a mad women, asked for drugs only to take one look at the gas after they went to all the trouble of setting it up and declare I didn't want it as I felt sick and plotted how to get them to make everything stop and let me go home.
    I never really recognised I was in transition at the time with any of my births though, maybe a little bit with DD3 but she was a very fast birth so I didn't think I could be there already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only had/recognised transition with my dd (#2) because I got really scared & wanted to give up. after a few minutes of asking DH to do it for me, I remembered that this was the end and I just needed to go with what my body wanted to do. dd was born 10 mins later!

I think surrendering and not fighting it was the best thing to do. let your body go, and let your mind stay confident

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some great advice here! Wish me luck as I'm due in 5d with bub #1. Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't remember 100% but I remember being sick, and clinging onto my sick bag, and focusing my energy on getting mad at DH for not fanning me correctly with the manila folder he had :P (he was whinging about needing to pee, and how it hurt, kind of broke the tension!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had just got to hospital when I was in transition with my second birth (first was an induction). I zoned in on the music that was playing and clearly remember thinking I wanted to just go home, but then told myself I had to stay and just go with what my body was doing so I could meet my daughter. The music helped a lot. It gave me something to really focus on.