+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just had my third bub and did a calm birth course for this one which I can not recommend enough. I just breathed through the whole thing - in the end when he did come out I didn't even have to push. He just came down and out! Midwife didn't even have her gloves on! And he was a giant bub at 4.52kg.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I held off the gas until i was well in transition, and found it worked great. I didnt really cope per say, i just went with it. I remeber singing badly to the radio, screaming, lots of odd high pitched whining like a puppy crying, lots of furious brow mopping from the midwife, a bit of threatening to chunder. But the gas oh my. I got dh to watch the monitor, every time he saw the vaguest hint of another cintraction starting i would suck back on that stuff like it was going out of fashion. I can honestly say it resulted in having out of body like sensations during the worst of it, and i dont remember the pain, just remember things said and done etc. I was induced and progresed really fast.

Mentally the moment i had the i cant do this thoughts i thought sh1t, its transition, i am almost there. And then the midwife said the magic words about pushing that i wished i hwd known before - the contractions are less painful and wider spaced than during transition. Totally true for me and made pushing so much easier .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had only just got into the hospital when I started transition. I was on my feet the whole time focusing on finally having my baby. (This was for both babies).

I had the gas and focused on breathing in quite slowly so as not to make myself sick and also pushing my breath out. Also as I birthed both standing and leaning over the bed, I would occasionally stomp my feet and raise up onto my toes when it got really strong.

I'm 19 weeks with number 3 and actually freaking out a bit. But both previous times, I just let me body take over and so it's own thing. (Sounds hard, but it can be done)

I think you just have to think beforw labour, what helps you calm and stay focused. It is so different for everyone.

Good luck.

** sent from outer space **

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by casio1 View Post
    Mentally the moment i had the i cant do this thoughts i thought sh1t, its transition, i am almost there. And then the midwife said the magic words about pushing that i wished i hwd known before - the contractions are less painful and wider spaced than during transition. Totally true for me and made pushing so much easier .
    Also this. When I started thinking oh holy crap I cant do this, I realised that I was in transition and it was too late to back out and ask for drugs. Lol

** sent from outer space **

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I actually never recognised transition until after the birth, both times I can remember back, It was just thoughts in my head "What the heck am I doing this at home for???!!!"

Then it was over really quickly, and pushing started.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moo-ing like a cow mostly .
    We still laugh about that!
    Seriously, the low, grunting tones helped no end!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bath, loud classical music, and counting (1, 2, 3, 4) and bashing my hairbrush on the side of the bath along with the counting

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't even know I was in it. I was strapped to a bed in an ambulance so not really a lot I could do but keep telling the midwife accompanying that I couldn't do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was forced to have DD while on my back and remember screaming at the midwife I wanted to go home, I'd only been in labour 5 hours and everyone kept telling me I had ages to go, so I wanted out of the hospital, she then threatened me with a mirror and 10 minutes later DD was placed on my chest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 I begged for a c section - which I finally got hours later after they worked out he was stuck. DS2 I wanted a general anaesthetic because despite begging for an epidural for hours they weren't listening.