+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pethidine :-(

I was so chuffed and happy with how I was handling labour until I lay down when transition hit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What I figure transition was I just remember wanting to push and having this panic that I needed the midwife there NOW! When she arrived I didn't think I was fully dilated and kept apologising that my body wouldn't stop me pushing. I just had thus massive sense that when I could push it would all be fine so I made this absolute primal groaning. I agree with pp - a noise that there is no way I could replicate.

I honestly don't remember it being that bad, but then I don't remember my ds's birth in a bad way and as soon as it was done I wanted to do it all over again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told DH "we just have this one. We adopt the rest" then tried to get him to help me get up and off the bed because I thought I had to go to the toilet, then I started roaring because my body was pushing without me trying to and I was worried because my midwife had told me not to push until she told me to. She came running over, checked me out and said to get pushing! My last few centimetres of dilation happened much faster than she expected (I had synto).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IvyRain For This Useful Post:

PoppyLoppy  (27-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was sick and remember thinking ' that's it, I've had enough of this' and then a few minutes later I remembered 'hey, this is transition' because I had once read that when you reach the point where you feel like you can't go on, dont give up cause you're almost there! So that kind of helped me ride it out and I just got on with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Making plenty of noise at the end of a long breath... never thought I'd be one to be loud, but I was. Just kind of came out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't really cope... I screamed the place down and don't remember most of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Lots of muttered and grunted curse words, hanging over bed on my knees feeling sick and throwing my stress balls across the room in frustration lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    i didnt make it to the transition phase, bubs became distressed when i was 6cm's dilated and i stayed that way for the next 7hrs. so i ended up emergency c-sect.
    If i had to go thru that part i would drug up pretty well ( i only used gas up untill the epi and i was pretty, um...high. but a good high, i still knew what was happening and what i had to do, the egde was taken off.). I learnt my pain threshold was next to nothing when it came to child birth. When i was 2cm's i was in so much pain, i couldnt walk or talk! My contractions were long and fast the whole time...i got no breaks!
    Goodluck, be strong!
    Last edited by Little Miss Muffet; 20-06-2013 at 19:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sick thinking about it and I'm due in 4 days with number 4. My first 2 are over 14 years ago so are hard to remember. But my last one 3 years ago I just remember the gas was useless. I was on my knees with the back of the bed raised and having a sudden urge that I didn't think I could handle being on my knees any longer so asked if it would be harder to deliver sitting. The midwife said I could deliver however I wanted. Then asked what did I want to do. I just repeated over and over I don't know. That's when I flipped to be seated and they checked me. I was fully dialated. As her hand came out he crowned and 2 pushes out bub came. So my last transition didn't take long at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As odd as this sounds, for me it was all about keeping my voice tones in the lower registers. More growling, less screaming. I found that helped me to keep control of my head and do what I needed to do. I made plenty of noise, it was just all low and growly rather than high pitched. I think being in water helped a lot also.