+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Stopped bleeding after 2 days?

So I suspect I miscarried/had a chem pregnancy at what I think was 5 weeks pregnant.

I had brown spotting on Sunday, and then intense, constant bleeding all day and night Monday. On Monday I passed about half a cup of blood almost every time I went to the toilet and *ahem* pushed.

i had lighter bleeding Tuesday (which was more like the bleeding from a regular period, with no clots or anything), but it tapered off towards the evening.

It's now almost 10am on Wednesday and I'm yet to have any bleeding ... Is it normal for it to stop so quickly? I also had no pain whatsoever (aside from emotional, of course).

I don't know if I should go to the doctor or not? I'm in a new town where I have no idea where a doctors surgery even is, and I feel disgusting because I have barely slept or eaten and my eye is infected from crying so I really don't want to leave the house. Plus, the thought of having to tell a stranger what happened to me makes me want to vomit.

Also, I'm Rh negative. Will I still need to go get the shot even though my baby probably didn't even have blood yet when I lost it?

I will go to the doctor if there is a good chance I will die or never have another baby if I don't, but otherwise I really don't want to.

What do you think? Should I go, or will it likely be ok on it's own?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yes, definately go to the dr!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry to hear what has happened, just wanted to give some

I had an early loss, around 5 weeks a few years ago and I am also a negative blood type. I had to have the anti-D shot and they said to me no matter how far along you are you should always have to shot just to be on the safe side. I know I have always had to go to a hospital to have one though, my GP and OB don't keep them in the office (I think this is standard practice). I am so sorry you are going through this, and I am not saying they definitely have to give you the shot (as it may be opinion or fact based, I honestly don't know) but it might be worth talking to medical professional to get an answer as I think it can be a grey area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Stopped bleeding after 2 days?

I'm so sorry to hear this. I would go to the gp if I were you. Hugs x

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Stopped bleeding after 2 days?

Sorry to hear this...

I def think you should go see a doctor... Better to be safe than sorry I say...

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry you are going through this but please go see your Dr, being RHNeg I'm thinking too you'll need the anti-d shot (like you need to deal with more!). I really think it's best you get checked out.