+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Mkr or masterchef pro?

MKR here as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    I prefer the UK Masterchef I think.
    This.
    The Australian one cheesed me off. It's not Masterchef. It's Master Home Cook. The point of the UK one is to take professionals and work out who is the "Master chef". Seems pointless to pick people off the street no matter how much latent talent they might have.

I haven't watched the Masterchef professionals show yet but it sounds like it's basically the same premise as the UK one so I might start watching it .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Mkr or masterchef pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    This.
    The Australian one cheesed me off. It's not Masterchef. It's Master Home Cook. The point of the UK one is to take professionals and work out who is the "Master chef". Seems pointless to pick people off the street no matter how much latent talent they might have.

I haven't watched the Masterchef professionals show yet but it sounds like it's basically the same premise as the UK one so I might start watching it .
    Yes it's just a bit contrived in comparison. I can't quite put my finger on it - but I think the reason I don't like the Australian version as much is because it seems less focussed on turning out really great chefs and more about television moments.

I mean it's really watchable, but it doesn't match up!

I went for a sticky beak past The Block houses a few weeks ago. I'm fascinated to see how they look inside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Mkr or masterchef pro?

MKR for sure!!!