+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Property managers, I need a question answered please

So I live in a older house, it's owned by government but not department or housing or anything like that.

We keep getting mice and now crickets. There Are heaps of cracks and the doors don't line up. I've tried filling in these holes but I can't do much about the doors.

Can I ask that something is done about this?

I'm so sick of setting traps and placing baits, im so sick of spraying crickets and I'm sick of spending my money on it (obviously will if I have to) but does the RE have any obligation to fix the holes and cracks, or do my kids and I have to live with rodents? Every time I get rid of one lot more come and it's getting beyond a joke.

I keep a clean house, grass cut, no rubbish. We live in country but surly they can help with the cracks/gaps and fitting new doors that actually fit right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Property managers, I need a question answered please

You should be able to ask for pest control to be done.
    I moved into a house that was over run with cockroaches. They would quite literally eat through a packet of food within hours of putting it in the cupboard.
    The real estate organised for pest control to be done and we had no problems after that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Here on WA pest control is a grey area I personally as a property manager like to arrange it at owners cost. However depending on your property manager.. Renting myself my property manager wouldn't get one out for wasp nests out the back.

Apparantly according to reiwa If you have done something to make them set up home, such as leaving food around or crumbs or not maintaining gardens so they set up house in shrubbery etc then it's your responsibility I have them removed BUT fancy trying to prove that tenants are leaving food scraps around etc? So it kind of falls into one of those ' grey up to individual circumstance'

Hopefully your property manager works with you not against you with his and bare in mind this is WA stuff aswell could be entirely different depending on where you live.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Sorry I can't help you on what to do with real estate agent, but if you don't get an answer from them or have to do something about it yourself you could buy a an electromagnetic frequency thing that gets rid of mice, rats and Cockroaches. I think they last for about 2 years?

I really hope the real estate agent does something about it for you though

Thanks
    Reviews

We had pest control about 6 months ago but unless I can keep them out they just keep coming back.

I had one of those electronic things but the cockroaches slept on top of it and it fell apart, but I think I'll get another one so it feels like I'm doing everything I can.

I just need these holes filled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not a property manager but as long as the holes/cracks werent made buy you then i dont see why they wont fix them. Obviously a pest control spray hasnt done the job. stay on top of it and keep asking for them to do something about it. Also id be keeping all reciepts of anything you buy to control the problem like baits , sprays, the electromagnetic frequency things, everything you have for yourself to keep the problem at bay or fix the problem. then if they still refuse make a copy of all your reciepts and on send them. Obviously if your problem is as bad as you say your gonna have brought alot of stuff if they cannot then see there is a problem and you are out of pocketly doing all you can do then id be thinking of maybe taking it a little higher. Best of luck