+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Making mischief - how do my kids rank on the cheekiness scale!?

Sorry, some of those stories gave me the giggles...i can totally relate..my 2.8yr ds goes quiet sometimes and ill find him in my makeup box covered in lipstick. Or another good one is when he had been too quiet in his room..and find he has been putting half the jar of sudocream on his bits as well as his bed and covering his hands in it. Im sure he will just get more mischievous as he gets older

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Making mischief - how do my kids rank on the cheekiness scale!?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    I would find some of this behaviour extremely unacceptable for a 6 year old.
    Also i personally know that when a dad is deployed for a long time it doesn't matter what age they are, kids turn into mini monsters!

OP your post made me laugh, really want to join into the laundry bubbles one! Indoor slip n slide!
    All I can add is DD (22months) is really into drawing on things lately... The cat is black and white.....and green and purple!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pipsicle For This Useful Post:

Amira  (30-01-2013),bpac  (29-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

The OP asks how her children rank in the mischief department. Some of the things her 6 year old has done I wouldn't even class as mischief. I would use the word naughty but was told at DS daycare today that they don't use that word.

I feel for the OP, my DH often goes away for weeks at a time and the children get the better of me but I would find that behaviour unacceptable in MY home.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    The OP asks how her children rank in the mischief department. Some of the things her 6 year old has done I wouldn't even class as mischief. I would use the word naughty but was told at DS daycare today that they don't use that word.

I feel for the OP, my DH often goes away for weeks at a time and the children get the better of me but I would find that behaviour unacceptable in MY home.
    I agree. But I only have a 4 month old so have no experience what older kids can get up to!! Oh dear, the things I have to look forward to :/
    I feel for you OP and commend your positivity!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh they sound like the best fun an aunty could ever have ... Except the poo bit. Take photos and videos and laugh it off you will get your own back telling the stories for years. 100% cheeky. Love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The girls were really quiet and I knew I should go and check but I was pregnant and enjoying them not hassling me. I found them in my bedroom painting yellow paint on our newly laid carpet. I did learn my lesson there!

my 2 year old likes to smear entire tubes of bepanthen all through her hair and over her body. I *think* I've broken that habit.

My girls regularly try to wee on the grass if we are outside. The youngest has been known to poo

these sorts of things tend to happen when daddy is at work too.
    Last edited by thepouts; 30-01-2013 at 08:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So... were there any consequences for their behaviour? My nearly 6 year old knows not to do things like that (although I'm sure she would LOVE to paint herself orange and slide on bubbles on the floor!), not because I've told her, but because she knows there will be consequences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No offence taken to suggestions that the behaviour is unacceptable. I find it unacceptable but I guess the kids mustn't be getting this message or they'd not be doing it so often so I guess the consequences aren't severe enough! And I was wondering if it is unusual for them to get up to so much of this as I know I never did as a kid - I think I was born considering consequences. So wondered if it is my parenting style or their personality or combination of both?

Consequence with the bubbles were that all remaining bubbles and bubble gun were thrown in the bin and they had to help clean up (which resulted in the mop bucket being tipped in the hallway but that was an accident). And straight to bed, no story.

Consequence for the hair cutting was DS had to do jobs to earn money to pay for the haircut.

Consequence for the poo was helping clean up and then straight to bed, no story.

Consequence for the body paint was clean up all the mess and no kids TV after swimming.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat13 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'll preface this by saying I don't have a 6yo as my eldest is only 3.5, but I think the consequences may be too light for a 6yo. Those are what I would do for my 3.5yo.

OP, I feel for you. While your post did give me a bit of a giggle, I would probably cry if I was you! It's also a glimpse into my future as I'm sure my 2 will be as good at getting into mischief once DD starts walking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I would have made the poo one more severe I would definitely have taken away TV time or some other activity for that one. The others sound appropriate to me though.