+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Male relief childcare carer.

When DD1 was small and in ldc, she had male carers including the director and assist and director, who were father and son, they were wonderful. Now is oshc she has several male carers, great guys who have great fun with all the kids. It never occurred to me to have a problem with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I would welcome a male carer with open arms and respect the job that he has chosen to do. What could be more admirable than a male choosing to nurture and care for our young ones. Why is it only a woman's job?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Male relief childcare carer.

yep, 2 of the 6 workers at my ds childcare are male and it was actually one of the things i liked about it so much! this is the first centre I've personally known that has males and i thought it would be great for my ds and dd, so it was normal and ok for males to be in that role, and for them to trust them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There are a couple of male carers at the daycare DS is about to start at and I am extremely happy about it. Caring for children isn't a female role, its an adults role. If anyone has a problem with male cares they, in my opinion, really need to grow up and stop being so cynical.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a gay teacher in year 5 and he was hilarious! He was stereotypically gay though and it was like having a cartoon character for a teacher. Was awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes I have heard some too.. Kids being tied up. Kids being hit. Always by females. But then I have heard a bad male Childcare story I heard on BH but I won't repeat.
    It's all in the person nothing to do with their sex. If they are evil then that's it. Male or female they are evil to begin with.
    My son is about to start Childcare so I think I will unsubscribe from this one it's making me anxious.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pisang For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I have no issue with it, we've only experienced it once at our centre. I will be honest and say that DD had an issue with it but she was going through a stage where she had issues with all men including DH and all male family members so it had nothing to do with the carer. We did have to make sure we left her with a female carer but not due to any of our concerns, only because it was the only way to leave without DD screaming. I made sure I spoke to the male carer separately and explain it was a phase she was going through and nothing to do with him, he was very good with the kids and tried really hard with her.

Thanks
    Reviews

I work for the Govt, within corrections; I am unaware of the statistics, but it is well considered that women are under-represented within the court system and corrections (i.e. gaol, Probation) as they are often given more leniency when it comes to their crimes, as courts often favour them if they have their own families to take care of. Yes, statistically paedophiles are more commonly male, however women tend to abuse more in non-physical ways (verbal/emotional abuse). So if we applied the same thread of thinking, we should be worried that any female CC worker may emotionally abuse our kids.

I loved the comment re 50% of parents are (usually) male; that was my first thought when I read this post! Do u worry when ur male partner changes ur bubs nappy???

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Male relief childcare carer.

One of the best carers at my sons kind was a young male... Mr Sam you rock!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are day care kids.

I couldnt give a rats patooyee what gender, race, religion, sexual preference etc etc my carers are or have. Its totally irrelevant.

My concern is that they are caring, dedicated, professional and enthusiastic. I care that my centre has appropriate reference checking and police clearance procedures. I care that the centre has appropriate policies in place to protect both the staff and the children from both opportunity and accusation.

I care if my kids come home and say if they have had a fun day or not.