+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill View Post
    I don't think it's fair to attack someone for being concerned. There have been MANY reported cases of abuse in schools and childcare centres and they are rarely female offenders.
    I'd like to hear some examples, I can't really think of any...? The only one I can think of is the centre that tied the babies' legs up with sheets, I can't recall if they were male or female carers though?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Male relief childcare carer.

The girls have a male carer in their room who they adore.
    He's lovely and I'd be very sad for him if people thought it wrong for him to be there.

Thanks
    Reviews

I wouldn't care so long as he actually seemed good, 'motherly' etc (lol).

Thanks
    Reviews

How wonderful these children have a make carer- my husband is a teacher and young kids absolutely love him. If male carers/preschool teachers are wrong is women entering the workforce wrong and incorrect!!!!! Equal opportunity and equal respect should be given to all staff!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS had a male carer at his other child care and he was fantastic. The thought never crossed my mind about male carer = paedophile.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Inked Mumma For This Useful Post:

winterbaby  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DS has a male carer at his childcare, and when they told me, all I thought was "that's good, will be nice to have another male influence in his life" (he's surrounded by women normally).

When we met him on our first day, I thought he was nice. Has 2 boys himself a bit older than DS and he interacted with the kids so well. I did think it was funny when talking about how TT DS was and he said he would get the female assistant carer to take him, but I guess now I know why.

It's sad that he has to be careful, maybe even fearful, in doing his job.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Even gay carers?
    I know there is a gay male teacher at the school DS is enrolled at next year. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

DSs group leader is a man. He LOVES his teacher. I think it's great as he is a little boy, has no family here, and his Dad works away. I love that he has another male in his life.

I have however heard stories of mass-removal of children after a male childcare worker was employed and was allowed to change nappies. So sad.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    The OP isn't actually against them....
    Thank you KW - would be helpful for people to read the tread properly before attacking others!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissusMac View Post
    I know there is a gay male teacher at the school DS is enrolled at next year. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. .........

I have however heard stories of mass-removal of children after a male childcare worker was employed and was allowed to change nappies. So sad.

Another Mum here who sends her child/ren to a center with male workers, not just one or two but three of them nearly half the staff is male. Not only do my boys love them it seems the whole center does. They are more interactive ( watching from my time as a child care worker my self ) It teachers Equality equal respect to all and so much more that we cann't see at this stage of life

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ontheway For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

In all my years working in the child care profession I would prefer to work with a male child care Educator as I have found all the men that I have worked with a hell of a lot better then even some of the women. You van get some women that are just hopeless and stand around or even ignore the children. ( they no longer get work at my work and most of the time its the women that i have to ask to interact with the children like thats what your getting payed for where as the men just do the work.) like many pp have said they just get the children on a whole different level. I had a student male Educator and for that 2week block the children didn't even notice I was around. He was like a magnet for all ages of children.