+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Male relief childcare carer.

Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    I am appalled at this thread! How could anyone be against a male CC worker for no other reason than he's male??

Next thing you'll be protesting against gay CC workers...
    The OP isn't actually against them....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    I am appalled at this thread! How could anyone be against a male CC worker for no other reason than he's male??

Next thing you'll be protesting against gay CC workers...
    No one in this thread is against male cc workers.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH considered being a teacher and also a childcare worker. He decided against it because all one person has to do is see something that they think is wrong (ie. a male changing a female child's nappy... Makes me so angry because a woman can change a male child's nappy with no one even beginning to think twice!) and they not only get sacked but have legal action against them.

Same thing at a primary school, young child cracks the sads with a teacher and accuses them of 'touching them' and that's it. Career over. It's happened to a few people that we know.
    My DH would make an EXCELLENT childcare worker, he's great with toddlers and young babies and they love him. But because some small minded people can't have a male work with children without thinking that there's something suss going on they miss out on a whole sector of brilliant childcare workers.

People say that men are significantly more likely to be sex offenders but I recently watched a show (can't remember what it was!) that was a female psychologist who said that if people knew the proportion of women sex offenders or abusers who work in childcare and early learning they'd be horrified, and that we need to stop burying our heads in the sand and assuming that women are 'safe'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Answering the op.

I would be over the moon, Our kids always can do with more strong male role figures in their lives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My girls had a male carer at their centre, they LOVED him! He was fantastic with the kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It terrifies me how males are feared. I would love a male carer for my son but alas the only one at his centre has just resigned

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Male relief childcare carer.

I know this is going to the next level but at times people forget that these "childcare workers" are actually educators. If they were recognised on the same level as school teachers would that improve the thoughts OP identified that some people have? I have not heard of protests against male school teachers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to youmake3 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (30-01-2013),babybabycakes  (30-01-2013),HugsBunny  (30-01-2013),Inked Mumma  (30-01-2013),jez  (30-01-2013),loonylea  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think it's fair to attack someone for being concerned. There have been MANY reported cases of abuse in schools and childcare centres and they are rarely female offenders.

Having said that, I would not be concerned. I'm sure the toddler group has at least 2 carers at all times making it almost impossible for abuse to take place. Male influence is very important for kids but sadly men don't enter occupations like childcare and education because one false accusation will cost them their career.

But I still think that EVERY parent has a right to be concerned about WHATEVER they like when it comes to the safety of their children.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mill View Post
    I don't think it's fair to attack someone for being concerned. There have been MANY reported cases of abuse in schools and childcare centres and they are rarely female offenders.

Having said that, I would not be concerned. I'm sure the toddler group has at least 2 carers at all times making it almost impossible for abuse to take place. Male influence is very important for kids but sadly men don't enter occupations like childcare and education because one false accusation will cost them their career.

But I still think that EVERY parent has a right to be concerned about WHATEVER they like when it comes to the safety of their children.
    Even gay carers?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (30-01-2013),shelle65  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who cares?

There's a regular male childcare worker where DD goes to after-school care (but it's a normal daycare too), and he seems to actually interact a little more with them. He's always being silly with them and having fun.

TBH, I think he seems to do a better job than some of the other staff...