+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I have this crazy statistic though, did you know that approximately 50% of parents are men?! Who knew that men were just as capable and caring with children as women. Shocking hey?

(sorry I just made that statistic up.... But logically it's got to be pretty accurate?)
    PMSL
    Until I read the bracketed bit I thought 'wait for people to start the argument about same-sex parents to throw your statistic off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Male relief childcare carer.

Jaspers jnr kindy teacher is a male carer he's so good, he's just another carer.

I have this crazy statistic though, did you know that approximately 50% of parents are men?! Who knew that men were just as capable and caring with children as women. Shocking hey?

(sorry I just made that statistic up.... But logically it's got to be pretty accurate?)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Bahahahahahahaha....... Bahahahahahahaha you just made my night. I have tears I am laughing so much trying to read that out loud to DH.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jez For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (29-01-2013),HugsBunny  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Male relief childcare carer.

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    PMSL
    Until I read the bracketed bit I thought 'wait for people to start the argument about same-sex parents to throw your statistic off
    I thought that might bite me. Probably more sole parent single mums than single dad's too. Though it's probably pretty close. I have a good feeling about 46% it sounds better?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (29-01-2013),jez  (29-01-2013),Toomanyboys  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Cinderella82; 10-08-2013 at 22:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jaspers jnr kindy teacher is a male carer he's so good, he's just another carer.

(sorry I just made that statistic up.... But logically it's got to be correct)
    I think that the sample set for your statistical study would most likely consist of the 'traditional' mum and dad unit ... Because every other type of family unit is unfortunately open to the same sort of discrimination, stigma or social paranoia and would be excited by the prospect of a balanced care situation ...

So your maths is likely perfect!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I thought that might bite me. Probably more sole parent single mums than single dad's too. Though it's probably pretty close. I have a good feeling about 46% it sounds better?

Someone crunch the numbers!!
    You know you've been on BH for a while when you become aware of when your post needs a disclaimer.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (29-01-2013),HugsBunny  (29-01-2013),jez  (29-01-2013),Toomanyboys  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I would think my child(ren) would be very lucky.
    Most of my primary school teachers were male including my father.

Thanks
    Reviews

DS had a male carer who was just brilliant with him. DS adored him & was heart broken when he left. It never crossed my mind to be concerned about it, just as I didn't think twice about the female carers being something to worry about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love having guys in the center I work in. This children love them and they bring a whole new dimension and energy to the place. I taught half of the guys how to change nappies and hold babies and it was great (and greatly amusing) watching them go from nervous to confident in the role. They will make great parents when they have kids. It is very rare that the parents bat an eyelid about having males near the littlies and whent hey do, they soon get used to it. Everyone has to undergo the same checks and training.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

To answer the OP I would not have an issue with a male or female carer.

I am with the PP's that think "good for him being in this line of work"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (29-01-2013)