+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With our girl we dtd whenever we felt like it, sometimes multiple times a day back then i had no idea when i was ovulating or due to, we just had fun!
    when ttc for our 2nd, i swayed towards trying for a boy but wasnt really fussed either way just hoped to fall pregnant. Anyways, we dtd the day i ovulated and that's it for that cycle. Got our boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    With our girl we dtd whenever we felt like it, sometimes multiple times a day back then i had no idea when i was ovulating or due to, we just had fun!
    when ttc for our 2nd, i swayed towards trying for a boy but wasnt really fussed either way just hoped to fall pregnant. Anyways, we dtd the day i ovulated and that's it for that cycle. Got our boy.
    Well done and congrats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, we tried for a girl this time. I can't be sure if it made any difference, but we have been blessed with a little girl this year. I researched 0+12 and cutoff and went for cutoff as I have very regular ovulation (down to the hour as determined by maybebaby saliva device). I did a full 4 day cutoff. So, we DTD at least twice a day from end of period to day 10 then nothing at all after ovulation. If you do cutoff, it is very important not to DTD until way after ovulation. I also took vitamins (magnesium, calcium, loads of cranberry and cranberry juice), not big O and toilet straight after each time. I thought 4 days out would be too far out, but evidently it wasn't. I found all my sway info online. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I wanted a boy first time....this might be too much information but we did it the day I ovulated, in a deep penetrating position ie doggy style...and made sure I orgasmed.
    I don't know whether it is true or not but I read that orgasms are good for boys but not good for girls...
    and we had a boy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well... this is an intresting topic in my household because my DP REALLY wants a girl and yet I am leaning towards a boy!

So he is trying every trick in the book to sway for girl (sex 3+ days before ovulation and day of ovulation and LOTS of citrus) and with boy I am trying for sex day after ovulation + 3 days after ovualtion has occured.

Not sure what is going to happen when we concieve though

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are trying for a boy after 3 girls. I havent used anything with the other 3 but this time round i am temping, OPK, salvia microscopes, CM and position of cervix to pin point ovulation. We plan to just have sex generally and once i get the positive opk/ferning then it will be that day plus the next until it gets negative. Really its a 50/50 chance but knowing our luck another girl, either way a baby is a baby and we love them no matter what

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Trying to conceive a specific gender?

Ooh I want to hear more!

My naturopath said for a girl you eat dairy and lots of naughty/junky foods.
    For a boy, no dairy, no juice, lots of veggies etc.

The idea is it changes the acidity in your vajayjay so that combined with the ovulation & Dtd methods, the boys/girl sperm die off faster and you're more likely to conceive what you want.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Trying to conceive a specific gender?

We gender swayed with our second. We had a boy first and tried for a girl. We got her first girl in 86 years on dh's side (no female cousins or aunts either) so was a great shock.

Definitely dairy overdose for me and Dtd days before ovulation.

This one is a girl too but no dairy diet etc only that we Dtd 5 days before ovulation due to hubby working away at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HAHA it must be true then misho as i only ate healthy to lose weight but i generally eat bad foods and i concieved only girls LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    Well... this is an intresting topic in my household because my DP REALLY wants a girl and yet I am leaning towards a boy!

So he is trying every trick in the book to sway for girl (sex 3+ days before ovulation and day of ovulation and LOTS of citrus) and with boy I am trying for sex day after ovulation + 3 days after ovualtion has occured.

Not sure what is going to happen when we concieve though
    Least one of you will get what you want