+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC Advice & Tips??

Hey all,

Im Bek and I'm brand new to this site and forum! Just wanting to get some personal stories and hints from experience with PCOS and conceiving somewhat naturally.

I'm nearly 21 years old and I got diagnosed with PCOS when I first started having issues with periods at 13. I've had a number of small ops over the last 7 years and even though I'm young, I like to think I've experienced a lot due to PCOS.

Long story short, my periods are now quite regular (with the occasional slip up of a longer one or a cyst) and my partner and I are TTC.

Up until a month ago, I was taking metformin twice daily for insulin resistance along with a complete lifestyle/diet overhaul last year. I'm off metformin now as my insulin and glucose levels are normal!

Currently, I'm taking a multivitamin, watching my diet closely and taking Vitex daily.

What are your experiences with Vitex and PCOS and how long did it take to conceive?

I do know about clomid and shot etc as my obgyn tried three months worth a year or so ago to induce ovulation and since then I've been regular. I would really like to conceive naturally without too much intervention if possible.

Thankyou so much for any comments it's good to know I'm not alone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: TTC Advice & Tips??

Bump

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Good luck!

Don't forget your folic acid

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi bek, I am currently 5 weeks pregnant with my first after being diagnosed with pcos in September and 12 months ttc. We had two unsuccessful tries with clomid and one iui. This successful cycle was without any intervention at all due to the fertility clinic closing for christmas. The only thing we did differently this month was opks from day 11 until I got a pos on day 24, and dtd every day from day 11 and twice a day for four days following the pos opk. So it definitely can be done!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and great work on the lifestyle overhaul - I have mild insulin resistance but was in the healthy weight range (just). Since September I lost about 12% of my body weight and I think it made a huge difference to my chances - I at least ovulated on my own which hadn't always happened in the past

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi miss trouble.

Thanks for the encouragement! I must admit, I'd like to lose a bit more weight before conceiving but we are trying from now on anyway I'm still not 100% if/when I ovulate but I'm hoping the vitex will help a lot as I've read so many good things and stories about it! Good luck with your pregnancy! Oh, did yours show up on a home preg test as normal? Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TTC Advice & Tips??

Just wanted to say welcome and best of luck. I have pcos and have been TTC for quite a while. It turns out for us though it's DH's swimmers which are not so good. Having been on pcos threads a lot I just wanted to let you know there are loads of woman who conceive naturally with pcos. If you haven't already you should join the great TTC with pcos threads

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by becky92 View Post
    Oh, did yours show up on a home preg test as normal? Thanks so much
    Yep it did. I did have issues with opks though - I got 4 days of positives which is a little unusual but apparently with pcos it can happen. Good luck ! And definitely check out the ttc with pcos - they are all lovely supportive ladies with lots of knowledge and advice

9. The Following User Says Thank You to misstrouble For This Useful Post:

becky92  (08-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys. Thanks so much for the great info and encouragement! Great to see other ladies conceiving naturally with pcos! It's motivating! I started taking my folic acid a week ago as well. Has anyone else read anything or is using a supplement called DCI (D-chiro-inositol)? Apparently, it's brilliant! I'm considering buying some online from chiralbalance.com.

Bek

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Becky, Just been reading this thread. How have you been going with the vitex? I have just started on it and not really sure which brand is best. I have tried inositol in the past and didn't see any changed at all.