+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    I'd be furious. Thank god DH would never be friends with someone so small minded.
    Hubs has worked in civil contruction for 6 yrs (prior was a computer tech) so im quite used to his work friends and how they can be quite vulgar. as it is DH as quite a mouth on him though he does bite his tongue around the kids and if he slips up he will tell himself off lol. But its not nessicarily the swearing that bothers me but the fact that my nearly 4 yr old said a certain group of people that he doesnt even know what or who homos are should die. Never the less hubs and I sat him down and explained to him that they are just people like him and me who love certain people and some dont like that but its perfectly ok and that it isnt nice for him to say anyone should die for any reason. He said to me he was sorry and he hasnt said its since. i wont here the word homo or homos should die again.

I also told DH that his work friend either has to tone his vulgarity way down or he will not be welcome in my home. DH agreed without hesitation im sure only cause i wouldve went crazy lady on his *** if he didnt agree!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be saying to your DH that he's not welcome in my home again. It might seem a bit drastic, but not only was he using derogatory language in front of a child, he was teaching them to be hateful. In my own home.

No. Freakin. Way.

And if he DID show up I'd be giving him a piece of my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    That friend, would have copped a mouthful from me then and there!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    See if hes hateful on the topic which he obviously is (me and DH take that stance of theyre not hurting us let them do what they want) then whatever he can be hateful. I believe everyone is entitled to there own opinions and feelings even if i dont tend to agree or side with there opinions. I also dont mind him being around but he has been told that if my kids are around he needs to zip the vulgarity down and keep it down or he will be asked to leave. Ive been around most of the guys DH works with over the years some of them are as sweet as sweet can be but are quite vulgar. Most do tone it down when kids are present but ocassionally slip up just as DH does with his Cussing. I wont forbid him coming over but DH and him i spoke to him late last night have been warned that if anything remotely like that is said around my kids then he will not be welcome over here. They seemed understanding and he ( work friend) apologised.
    I can see why he may have not seen it as a big deal though he isnt a parent himself but DH i was more furious with them anything because he let my kids hear it, though DH promises the kids were inside playing and there were out on the patio. I cant say for sure i wasnt there all i know if Riley shouldnt have heard anything like that in the first place.

Hopefully my little sponge child will forget what he heard yesterday and never say it again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Your more forgiving than me lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wanted heads to roll when i first heard it yesterday. Thats for sure. His chance has been used though next time he will be getting the big boot out the door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default VENT! Why Are People so arghhhhh....STUPID!

Some people just don't think my FIL is the worst! That man can not say a sentence with out an F or worse a C and all around my almost 4YO I pull him up on it and MIL tells me "we'll he is old and set in his ways" I'm sorry NO!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dh is pretty bad with F bombs and C words more so C words. I dont expect any less considering the bunch he works with and for how long. He does try not to cuss infront of the kids occassionally the F bomb slips but he will say bad dad and tap his own hand or take himself to the naughty corner. So our kids know its wrong and thusfar we havnt had mr sponge absorb and repeat anything like that thank god but he soaked up what he heard yesterday and ran with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh god the C word, makes me cringe!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It used to make me cringe too. But over the years ive gotten used to hearing it. The year before lasts work christmas party was wow there were 30 or so of them with there partners and every bloody third word was the C word. A few of them got clips around the ear from there other halves. You become desensitised (sp?) i guess.