+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default VENT! Why Are People so arghhhhh....STUPID!

Im so frustrated at people... well some people. Hubbys work friend annoys the crap out of me. He brought his laptop over for hubs to fix and decided he'd stay for a drink, cool, no worries. Whilst here i had to pop to the shop. Now i have just come home to my nearly 4 yr old calling everyone and everything a "homo". the worst was "homos should die" Im so angry that he has picked up such filth. So i ask hubs where he's been told this to which hubby replied " Oh we were talking about Gay Marriage and Gays being able to adopt children"

Obviously it was said and it was said clearly enough for the kids to hear. I don't care if your for or against gays marrying or adopting but dont let children hear or mimic stuff to do with it. there impressionable and it makes me so angry cause a) i dont want my 4 yr old saying that anywhere to anyone and b) hubs obviously allowed talking like this around our kids and

Now to sit my 4 yr old down and explain to him in a way why what hes said is not acceptable............. not uite the conversation i imagined having with a flippen 4 yr old !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: VENT! Why Are People so arghhhhh....STUPID!

Yeah that's disgusting! We have a friend who is incredibly racist and homophobic so I do everything I can to avoid discussions turning to politics, religion, or anything slightly topical, because I'm always disgusted by some of the things he says and we've had arguments about it before.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can understand why you would be angry! Everyone is entitled to their beliefs (even if they are outdated) but I wouldn't like my children hearing and repeating such discriminatory remarks. That could be very offensive and hurtful if someone overheard. Not to mention offensive to you as a parent. Saying someone should die is disgusting, especially in front of a small child.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Far out. I can not imagine that ever happening in our house. For starters- DH would have not-so-kindly told his 'friend' that those kids of views were not welcome in our house and how dare he speak so inappropriately around the kids.

We're pretty careful with conversations.... little corn has big ears.

Thanks
    Reviews
    argh, that would make me go mental at the work mate AND DP for allowing it.

Im lucky enough that DP is awesome enough to stop them in their tracks. His brother and his dad say some horrible stuff and use some digusting words. Im sooo greatful for my DP to tell them to shut up in front of my children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by winterbaby View Post
    I can understand why you would be angry! Everyone is entitled to their beliefs (even if they are outdated) but I wouldn't like my children hearing and repeating such discriminatory remarks. That could be very offensive and hurtful if someone overheard. Not to mention offensive to you as a parent. Saying someone should die is disgusting, especially in front of a small child.

My thoughts completely. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER ABOUT IT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm not really sure why anyone would be discussing these kinds of things around kids if there's a change anyone is going to have a negative viewpoint anyway. I would be okay with people talking about how everyone is equal, blah blah... but I don't talk about issues like this AT ALL if I don't know with 100% certainty that the people I'm with are not going to be gross and vile about it. I don't want DD to see homosexuality as anything but normal.

I would be seriously angry too. What kind of idiot doesn't watch his mouth when he's around someone else's kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That'd be one 'mate' never stepping foot in my house again except to be present at the conversation I had with my child about not calling people names, not using those those words.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'd be furious. Thank god DH would never be friends with someone so small minded.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    Now to sit my 4 yr old down and explain to him in a way why what hes said is not acceptable............. not uite the conversation i imagined having with a flippen 4 yr old !!!
    Maybe your husband needs to have this conversation with your child (with you observing to make sure he says the right things!).