+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Id just walk around. Our last house was the same design. DS was just through the wall but we had to do a lap of the house to get to him. It wasn't that bad. We just had a monitor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Should be relatively simple to put in although only marginally easier to cover over than a whole door in the future. Only thing i'd be keeping in mind is if you would also need to go through the crawl door as well. If they're the type of kids that want you to go in and see them a crawl door would be a PITA and i'd be looking at a full door. If they're more likely to come in and see you, a crawl door sounds like a great idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd put in a full door with a lock, you could have it open when they are little maybe even put a baby gate on it, then when they are older and want privacy, it can be locked shut?

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Crawl door for little kids between rooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    I'd put in a full door with a lock, you could have it open when they are little maybe even put a baby gate on it, then when they are older and want privacy, it can be locked shut?
    I agree with this, put in a full door with a lock. You mightn't even need to fill it in if you want to sell it later. It could be a great feature to the house and if it lockable then it wouldn't be an issue for a new owner.

Thanks
    Reviews

My DS' room is next to mine, but I have to walk down the hall, through the dining room, kitchen and down the other hall to get to his room.

I just have a monitor. It doesn't bother us that much.

Thanks
    Reviews

You might be 'inducing' them into your room/bed as toddlers if you have this funky wall gap.

It's a great idea, but I think would quickly become a nuisance and even if it wasn't difficult to patch up, it will be a nuisance - carpenters, sheeters then painters in your house....

Thanks
    Reviews

Also I'd do a door with lock before the wall gap, but prob just walk the long way around rather than a door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyMissA View Post
    Should be relatively simple to put in although only marginally easier to cover over than a whole door in the future. Only thing i'd be keeping in mind is if you would also need to go through the crawl door as well. If they're the type of kids that want you to go in and see them a crawl door would be a PITA and i'd be looking at a full door. If they're more likely to come in and see you, a crawl door sounds like a great idea.
    I'd go for a full door for this reason too. I could easily see myself getting stuck trying to crawl through at 3am when I just can't be stuffed walking all the way around!

I think a full size door with a lock is a good idea but perhaps look at designs where the moulding/jam is flush to the wall and paint it the wall colour - that way you can still place a dresser or piece of furniture in front of it easily if it's not being used.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (29-01-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Crawl door for little kids between rooms?

Definitely do something big enough for you to get through to or the kids will be running away from you and you won't be able to catch the little...darlings

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (29-01-2013),MissusMac  (29-01-2013)