+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Crawl door for little kids between rooms?

That's probably a bad description of what I'm asking.

DH and I are in the process of organizing to have our own house built. As the way the house design is set up, DD2 and DS will be sharing a room which is on the other side of our master bedroom. However to get to their room will be walking through kitchen, living and then around and down a hall to their room. As they are still young DH and I were discussing the possibility of a crawl hole for them come directly from their room into our room, as opposed to redesigning the entire floor plan of the house and costing us a lot more money. I considered maybe a full door but thought eventually it would just be annoying because there will come a point when whoever is in that room won't want to be joined to mum and dad by a door and a "crawl space" would be easier to cover up/fix whatever. It will be years before that happens though. I can't put them in another room as they need the space.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Have you done it? Is it possible? I saw a few shots on google that were what I'm after but no further information.

So any help I would appreciate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I know what you mean, not something I would do though, personally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm thinking its an idea that sounds good in theory but doesn't work practically. I've already altered the floor plan so there's no real way around it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I've seen them at in the room set ups in ikea. Cute idea

But I can't get past the idea that I'd be DTD, look over and see little horrified faces.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MissusMac For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I would put in a sliding door and fill it later when they are older

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess another solution is to set up like a nanny cam? I plan on getting DS into the room when he's about 1, maybe 18months. Just want to keep an eye on them.

We thought of Ikea too.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews

I like the crawl door idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I know what you mean. I've seen them in the kids room setups at Ikea. They have a little crawl space in the wall between the girl room and boy room display.
    If it were me yeah I would consider doing it, as long as the builder says it's something that can easily be repaired to look like a normal wall when they're older or you need to sell the house. We have done a few crazy things to our house to make life easier for us while we live there, but we just have to be prepared to change them back when we go to sell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Crawl door for little kids between rooms?

Aw I think it's a cute idea! I think I might do something like that if it's an easy fix up later.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissusMac View Post

But I can't get past the idea that I'd be DTD, look over and see little horrified faces.
    Oh my!
    Not something I would do in my home.