+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default At wits end with Toilet Training Need HELP!

I need help! I have tried everything i can think of, nothings working.
    I have a 3 and a half yr old son. We had him nearly fully TTd at 22 months he had a night happy on but even then he would wake insteadve mistake and we only had the odd accident BUT when he was 23 months old i gave birth to his little sister. The day i brought her home he seemed to revert back to having accidents all the time he wouldnt even try to use the toilet or potty, kicked screamed the whole nine yards. with hard work and perserverance(sp?) i have got him to do wees on the toilet. Will not under any circumstance do a number 2 on the toilet. & while he will wee on the toilet he constantly asks for a nappy and we have a mini breakdown if he cannot have a nappy on. i have tried rewards, just taking the nappy away even went as far as thinking well maybe its just because he sees his little sister be hcanged etc so i have let her starkers its for a few hours at a time. His doc says its normal for boys not to be fullt TTd til 5. & that it is also normal for him to revert but doesnt give me any tips...... any tips and tricks you mummas and daddas want to share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yes it is very normal for them to go backwards after the birth of a sibling. Also, my girls hated doing number two's I think the feeling freaked them out.

Thanks
    Reviews

This happened with ds2 when ds3 was born, he was 2.5 at the time. He had previously been fully Tt day & night & then all of a sudden started doing wees on the floor up to 3 times a day. It was an attention thing with him. We started making sure we had a lot of one on one time with him & it only lasted for about a month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I figured it may have been an attention thing. maybe wanting the same attention his little sister was and is getting. I just dont know what other methods to try at present we have 1 hour each day one on one. the rewarding etc seems to work for wees but number 2s he just wont do. If only kids came with manuals hey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Would make our lives sooo much easier lol.

He will do it, eventually

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

have you tried bribes? a fredo frog might do the trick

7. The Following User Says Thank You to baby4us For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: At wits end with Toilet Training Need HELP!

My DS did this when his brother was born. We just tried not to make a big deal of it. Just cleaned up the mess quickly and quietly and then got on with other things. Probably took a couple of months but he got back to using the toilet.
    Good luck, it will get better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No that is one things i have not done and only because MIL told us not to but hell i think im about to give the old bribe a go. Thanks guys

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: At wits end with Toilet Training Need HELP!

I remember seeing somewhere a parent bought their son a toy truck and put it on the toilet windowsill, then told the boy when he webt to the toilet for a whole day he could have the truck.

I feel you, my DS2 just went backwards from perfect to weeing everywhere! It's really hard when you have to go out too! x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (29-01-2013)

NanaK is offline I'm surrounded by beautiful boys!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post
    I remember seeing somewhere a parent bought their son a toy truck and put it on the toilet windowsill, then told the boy when he webt to the toilet for a whole day he could have the truck.

I feel you, my DS2 just went backwards from perfect to weeing everywhere! It's really hard when you have to go out too! x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Ohhh that's a clever idea... I might try that when we get closer to having success at night.