+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yeah think they do them at a certain time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm interesting. I'll wait for my 30 ovulation sticks to arrive and test everyday to see if I ovulate first. If no luck I think I'll ask the dr for an ultrasound

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittycat13 View Post
    Hmm interesting. I'll wait for my 30 ovulation sticks to arrive and test everyday to see if I ovulate first. If no luck I think I'll ask the dr for an ultrasound
    Sounds like a good plan. I *think* they do blood tests along side the scan too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    First things first. You need to get a period. I would go to my GP and get a referral for a gyno. The gyno will take your medical history and will very likely prescribe Provera which is used to bring on a period. She will test to make sure you're not pregnant before giving you a script for Provera.

Once you have a period, then you can start tracking your ovulation with cheap ovulation tests as Allymumtobe has already posted.

Your cycle probably just needs a kick start and Provera is just the thing to do that for you

Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Kittycat13  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it still possible that I could ovulate before I get a period? Or is it the other way round, you need to get a period in order to start ovulating again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittycat13 View Post
    Is it still possible that I could ovulate before I get a period? Or is it the other way round, you need to get a period in order to start ovulating again?
    You can get a period and not be ovulating and this is called an anovulatory cycle.

You can test everyday with an OPK but if you're not ovulating you may be waiting a very long time and wasting a lot of money on tests. I would get a referral for a gyno asap and bring on a period so you can start cycling again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i just went through this. After stopping BFing my baby at 6 weeks old (she is 9 months now) my cycles were a bit funny (im unsure when and what they were doing). I then decided to go back on the pill for a few months to kick start things as everytime i have concieved within 2 months has been after being on the pill for 3 months PLUS. So i stopped it and had a 69 day cycle. I started taking Vitex about 2 weeks ago and it has finally helped me period come. I think that i may have had my first annovoulated (sp?) cycle. At the moment its been the same except i start with 2 days of spotting then went Light and now im on to day two of heavy bleeding. Normally i would start heavy straight away. I believe the Vitex has helped as i really want to avoid provera. Im going to continue taking it and hopefully i get a 28 day cycle. My cycles used to be around 30 days. Vitex is good cause it naturally regulates your hormones and i can see that it has worked based on my changes in temps. Best of Luck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nikki61087 For This Useful Post:

Kittycat13  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default No Period for 3 months but not pregnant :S

I forgot about Vitex! It is pretty awesome. Helped me with regulating my hormones too

Thanks
    Reviews
    yah its awesome, i think post baby my horomones are all over the place so i thought it might help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vitex is great stuff (chaste berry).