+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Parenting agreement

Yeah definetley. I noticed I stuffed up and said i had them every second Saturday. I have them every Saturday. And dp will definetley take bub and let me have time with the older kids. As well as doing things together. It just worked out that I didn't have them all weekend because I was working Sundays and it just suited everyone. I guess I was also hoping to keep to that arrangement because I'm going back to work when bub is 3months old. So I didn't wanna mess with the days too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

And again. Silly phone
    Last edited by misho; 29-01-2013 at 13:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlouise87 View Post
    I have them every second Saturday. And the only reason I can't have them every Saturday/Sunday is because I figure I will need time with dp and our baby at the start. I didn't think that was unreasonable at all.
    You can do that with your children there too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Whoops triple post!
    Last edited by misho; 29-01-2013 at 13:53.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

You said you want time for you and your Dp to bond with the baby.

Personally I would rather have the kids on the weekend, coz having to drive your older kids to/from school will at some point disrupt your baby's sleep patterns.

I think your ex's agreement sounds pretty fair tbh. Sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yeah definetley. I noticed I stuffed up and said i had them every second Saturday. I have them every Saturday. And dp will definetley take bub and let me have time with the older kids. As well as doing things together. It just worked out that I didn't have them all weekend because I was working Sundays and it just suited everyone. I guess I was also hoping to keep to that arrangement because I'm going back to work when bub is 3months old. So I didn't wanna mess with the days too much.
    Huh???

Thanks
    Reviews

Whoops dbl post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Perhaps you could do the every other weekend and then offer to pick up and take the kids to school once a week aswell, you could go up and help with reading and being a parent helper so you are more involved in their school week ?

I am a step.mum and we have the kids majority time and Ive had to have all 3 of my step.kids in my care most of the time when i had my baby because my DP has to go to work.
    I can tell that weekends would be easier with a baby because the school run is irritating with a babys sleep routines to maintain especially when you are sleep deprived.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you blue dragon. That's sort of what I was trying to get at but got flustered. Ideally I would like to have them every second weekend but I feel like I would miss them so much on the week that I don't get to see them. I didn't even think about the school reading ect- will have to enquire about that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you blue dragon. That's sort of what I was trying to get at but got flustered. Ideally I would like to have them every second weekend but I feel like I would miss them so much on the week that I don't get to see them. I didn't even think about the school reading ect- will have to enquire about that

You could always offer to have them perhaps Thu after school for dinner each week ontop of every other weekend so that you can see them during the week too.
    If the father has a problem with them staying over on school nights then having them until after dinner time once a week or so wouldn't mess with their routine too much and he might be more willing to agree to that arrangement.

You could also try and mediate things out of mediation first, write up a parenting plan with the things you want to change and see if you can both come up with a compromise.

With the school reading at my step-kids school they do it in the morning and the parents just go in and help as soon as the bell goes.
    Alot of excursions require parent helpers too also there is canteen duty at most schools.
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 29-01-2013 at 16:34.