+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Parenting agreement

My ex and I had a parenting agreement which was up for review in December 2012. Due to certain circumstances my ex also has the kids majority of the time.We couldn't agree on terms of the agreement so he's taken it upon himself to dictate to me what will be happening with the kids. I have heard that if a new agreement cannot be reached that it just reverts back to the terms of the old one... Is that true? I am organizing mediation but not sure how long that will take to get in to. Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ????? Its not up to your ex to dictate what will be happening just because it was up for review in December and a new agreement couldn't be made.

Until you can get back into mediation then I would think the current agreement remains. Can you suggest to him that the two of you continue with the current agreement until you can get into mediation?

good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

A parenting agreement isn't a legal document, so there is nothing really to say what happens when it "runs out" but the logical thing to do would be keep things the same until a new agreement is done. If you go to mediation and still can't come up with a new agreement after a few attempts it goes to court.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

I usually pick the kids up Thursday afternoon and they stay until say afternoon. Now that they have started prep he has said I can no longer have the kids On the Thursday afternoon and instead I can have them Friday night and bring them back Sunday. Which would usually be okay but I'm expecting a baby with a new partner and we will also need family time together once bub is here. I would also like the opportunity to be able to take my kids to school at least once a week. He says its too disruptive for them so it won't be happening. I'm just at a loss what to do... Trying to make everyone happy and also make sure my kids are okay is just wearing me down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sounds like he thinks you just want them on the weekdays to have your weekends free?

Thanks
    Reviews

I have them every second Saturday. And the only reason I can't have them every Saturday/Sunday is because I figure I will need time with dp and our baby at the start. I didn't think that was unreasonable at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

And weekends free? I'm 35 weeks pregnant lol. I can hardly go out drinking and having fun. Id much prefer to spend it with my kids and dp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I don't understand why you wouldn't want your kids there on weekend. To bond with their new sibling.
    I also don't see why you couldn't get them from school on Friday and drop them there Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dlouise87 View Post
    I have them every second Saturday. And the only reason I can't have them every Saturday/Sunday is because I figure I will need time with dp and our baby at the start. I didn't think that was unreasonable at all.
    ... Really!? What do you think most people do when they have a baby join their family?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    I don't understand why you wouldn't want your kids there on weekend. To bond with their new sibling.
    Agreed, all the kids, in whatever 'biological' mix they come, are part of the family unit so i think it is a little tough on the older children to be deliberately planning 'family time' that doesnt include them. From what it sounds your house will still just be you with new bub and new partner for 11 out of 14 days? Will you also have any time with the older kids without the new baby there? (Eg can your partner be with it for an hour so you can have some mummy time with the older kids)

The time the older children spend with their new sibling will help them bond and fall in love with them so they consider it their brother or sister (given that they won't be living with it full time this can sometimes take a bit of time, especially if they are still young themselves)

Good luck x.