+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would change her.

Leaving that poo sitting there could end in a rash and discomfort. I also don't think it's particularly hygienic if you can avoid it...

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd change her, personally I'd hate the thought of her sitting in it.
    But it's not the end of the world if you don't. I'm guessing that there would be many times that she solied her nappy while you were both asleep and I'm sure she was fine when you changed it and put her nappy cream on at her next feed etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I seem to be in the minority but no I wouldn't. DS is 3 months old and a terrible sleeper so there is no way on this earth I would be waking him to change his nappy.

If your dd was uncomfortable then she would wake up I would think.

As for causing rash I know a poo is different but I don't change DS nappy during the night. He only wakes once and on a very small number of occasions has slept the whole night. So my theory is if he sleeps all night I wouldn't get up to change it so why do it when he wakes for a feed. I believe it helps to have him go straight back to bed after a feed without any fuss.

Anyway DS never has nappy rash and I don't use cream as a precaution.

I was feeding DS one day laying in bed and he fell asleep right after doing a poo. I was not waking him as he had been up for hours and wouldn't sleep. He slept for 45 mins in it and didn't get a rash. Yes I did feel bad but just told myself if he was uncomfortable he would wake.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donnab739 For This Useful Post:

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (29-01-2013),Pawzette  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies for all your replies.
    DD usually only does a poop around 3am when shes up for her feed. And I realy dont like the idea of her sitting in he poop either so I usually change her. But recently she would poop more often and usually she would poop and I would wait till shes finished and change her, and imediately after she would do another one. So I would wait until shes finished and starting to fall asleep, I would change her again and then she would do another one! And each time it would take me another 10 min to settle her, once it took me an hour! just because I woke her to change her nappy. Sometimes I change her 5 times in an hour! So I thought maybe I should leave her i her dirty nappy during that time and change her the next time she wakes up which is usually 6am.