+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bedding when co-sleeping

I don't normally bed share with DS, nearly 17mths, unless he is unsettled. He typically sleeps much better in his cot (as do I!).

He sleeps in a grobag normally and if I bring him down to my bed, I lay him on top of my doona. Is this normal?

I'm too scared to have him under the doona with me, in case it goes over his head! So just wondering what you do around this age?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DD is almost 18mo and also has a sleeping bag (cheaper version of a gro bag!). If she sleeps with us we pull the doona down so it's just over us from about the hips down, and she sleeps between us with nothing over her. We also throw 2 pillows out of the bed and adjust the remaining 2 so they're kind of behind us. It's hard to explain, but basically we keep all the thick bedding away from her. I don't worry too much at this age though, she can obviously easily adjust herself and move around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

My DS was under our doona from
    About 12 months ( was in sleeping bag like yours before that) but normally he would kick the doona off anyway (and still does!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Bedding when co-sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    DD is almost 18mo and also has a sleeping bag (cheaper version of a gro bag!). If she sleeps with us we pull the doona down so it's just over us from about the hips down, and she sleeps between us with nothing over her. We also throw 2 pillows out of the bed and adjust the remaining 2 so they're kind of behind us. It's hard to explain, but basically we keep all the thick bedding away from her. I don't worry too much at this age though, she can obviously easily adjust herself and move around.
    Pretty much the same here and DS2 is 12 months. He has a light Pumpkin Patch bag and, if I worry that's too much then I just take it off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    I don't normally bed share with DS, nearly 17mths, unless he is unsettled. He typically sleeps much better in his cot (as do I!).

He sleeps in a grobag normally and if I bring him down to my bed, I lay him on top of my doona. Is this normal?

I'm too scared to have him under the doona with me, in case it goes over his head! So just wondering what you do around this age?
    The only reason DD ends up in with me in the wee small hours is if she gets cold, so she actually ends up with a bit of the blanket up over her legs (she's in a GroBag too). When she was little and woke in the night I used to put her on top of the blankets like you've described above, it worked well and I felt more comfortable knowing she was safely on top.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Dd just sleeps in a bonds wondersuit she kicks any other blankets off, we just have a thin quilt and our pillows she sleeps on hubbies side of the bed when he is away at work and in the middle between our pillows when he is home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks everyone