+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Pushing/Crowing

I found kneeling on a mattress and leaning against the bed (lowered to position) was a good position. I couldn't have held myself on my arms on my hands & knees, but between contractions and pushing I could just flop my head on the bed for a breather.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok, not going to sugar coat it --- I was pushing for around 20-30 minutes and the entire time it was painful. Bub was crowning for what felt like ages and my body kept pushing involuntarily... the PRESSURE.. OMG - it was so hard to control the pushing and when I had to actually PUSH when the Ob told me, it was excruciating. I did a lot of screaming, and consequently got told to keep quiet because I was expelling too much energy screaming and not enough energy pushing. It was really hard for DH who actually cried because he could see how much pain I was in. Hate to say it, but it was like being ripped apart from the inside out. Never thought I could tolerate that level of pain, and honestly, the contractions were a breeze in comparison for me. I had a 16 hour labour pretty much all natural except for Gas in the end. I found the contractions to be not much more than period pain. Toward the end they became really difficult, especially because I was exhausted. The gas didnt really help with the pain, but it did make me a little loopy and not care so much. So whilst I felt all the pain, I was kind of out of it. It also gave me something else to think about, because sucking the gas correctly is a process in itself.. I really only had the gas for the pushing stage (tried it earlier during the intense contractions but I was getting annoyed at it not really "working"). Not sure if any of this helps you or freaks you out more.. but the feeling of relief when the baby comes out.. its indescribable. I just remember feeling this big surge and this slippery little being coming out of me, and I was in absolute awe before I even saw him. It was the biggest high ever, and I definitely felt an amazing sense of pride that i was able to do it naturally without pain relief.

Actually, even more painful than pushing was the local anes they gave me for the stitches. EEEK~!