+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Pushing/Crowing

Waterbirth definitely awesome :thumbup::thumbup: will definitely do it again if I have another successful pregnancy. Hopefully without the horrid induction though, could do with some breaks between ctx etc next time.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub
    Last edited by Catkin; 29-01-2013 at 14:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I pushed for 40 minutes, but maybe half of that time was me pushing and then holding because I thought I was pooping and arguing with the mw. The urge to push feels just like the urge to poo and it just felt wrong to push in front of people. But it's such an intense urge there's not much point fighting it.

Once I actually pushed without holding back - it was such a relief. Like busting to go to the loo and finally getting to the toilet. My body was so relieved to be doing what it was meant to.

But then she crowned multiple times, it didn't hurt so much as it did **** me off. I was yelling "NOOO!" as the contraction ended, I'd do anything to hold onto the contraction another second just to get her out but nope, she's slide back in. Unbelievably frustrating! Even yelled something like "damn lying movies!" and my df pointed out if someone gives birth on a movie that can't actually show half the movie just in pushing lol.

So when I finally actually got it there, the mw was telling me to hold it, hold it, stop, I literally couldn't stop. Or feel it. Zero pain just... Well.... Pain like doing a 10klm jog then having to run the last 100 meters up hill. That kind of pain. But I didn't feel my vagina, just my muscles hurting from the effort. I actually tore 3 ways like a Y. (which is why the mw said hold it because I was tearing) but I didn't feel it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had 3 epidurals. The first two I could not feel any crowning when pushing or the baby coming out. Everybody told me that when its time to push it dosnt hurt, just feels like relief. With the third I felt EVERYTHING when pushing and honestly it scared me, I was terrified. It was a horrible feeling. You can feel the stretching. It burns and stings. And I didn't even tear and thought it was painful. I have a very low pain threshold though.

yes an epidural can make it harder to push. Some women may push for a long time, others it only takes a few minutes or 1 or 2 pushes.

i hope yours is quick and painless

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

and after pains suck monkey balls. Lol. I'd had 64 hours of contractions before she was born,I was seriously freaking over it!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I honestly dont remember after pains. Now Im not sure if I didnt get them much or have just forgotten them over the years. Now Im worried about after pains more than labor pains
    i had none with my first, some with my second and heaps with my third. They hurt a lot, like mini contractions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just goes to show how birth is different for everyone. I literally felt like I was going to explode when my baby crowned. I could feel stretching all up my front and back. They kept telling me to push and I was thinking "can't you see I'm going to be ripped apart?". After he was born I thought for sure they would wheel me out for surgery. But the ob said "I'm just going to check for tears now"
    it will be a long time before iI forget that feeling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    Just goes to show how birth is different for everyone. I literally felt like I was going to explode when my baby crowned. I could feel stretching all up my front and back. They kept telling me to push and I was thinking "can't you see I'm going to be ripped apart?". After he was born I thought for sure they would wheel me out for surgery. But the ob said "I'm just going to check for tears now"
    it will be a long time before iI forget that feeling!
    With my 5th, I wanted to crawl the walls it was so painful!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pushing/Crowing

I had no drugs and natural birth, yes it was long and it hurt, but it was 2.5yrs ago and I wouldn't remember a proper way to 'describe' the pain anymore. I kinda think the placenta birth was the weird/uncomfortable part cus ur just waiting around for it to come. I don't think I remember it all clearly, natural pain killers/endorphins released from body helped I guess

You will be fine!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pushing/Crowing

Oh by the way I was on my back, this pushy midwife made me get on all fours and I didn't want to, but did it and was so uncomfortable that after 1-2 contractions went back to being on my back.

This was at pushing time.

I know rules of gravity etc may help when on all fours, but u gotta be where u r comfy and I liked being on my back so I could 'rest' and close my eyes between contractions as I had a long labour

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pushing/Crowing

Quote Originally Posted by newmummy2010 View Post
    Oh by the way I was on my back, this pushy midwife made me get on all fours and I didn't want to, but did it and was so uncomfortable that after 1-2 contractions went back to being on my back.

This was at pushing time.

I know rules of gravity etc may help when on all fours, but u gotta be where u r comfy and I liked being on my back so I could 'rest' and close my eyes between contractions as I had a long labour
    See I sook about how my midwife wouldn't let me get on all fours.... But when I think about it now, I'm not sure I would have lasted long as I could barely lift up my head I was so tired after a long labour. Pushing was only 20 mins with very minor tear so in hindsight, on my back wasn't so bad after all!!!