+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaK View Post
    Now that you mention this... I did find that too with my first delivery but not my second. My OB was really good at telling me that I was making progress though so I think that helped me stay focused.
    Yeah, I wasn't expecting to feel that sensation of the baby move back up after each push. For me the pushing phase was like 1 step forwards 2 steps back! Before I went into labour I assumed you pushed for a few minutes and baby was out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    To me, if felt like there was something the size of a small bowling ball or a bit smaller, just stuck right there. I felt a burning pain near the top of my vagina like near the clitoris. Extreme pressure in the bottom too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pushing/Crowing

Pretty much what everyone has said is accurate. When I was pushing with DS, I kept yelling I needed to poo and begging for them to let me use the toilet lol. The burning during crowning was awful but once the head is out the rest is easy. I'm having a water birth this time so I'm hoping this helps with some of the pain during crowning, I've heard good things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlop View Post
    Pretty much what everyone has said is accurate. When I was pushing with DS, I kept yelling I needed to poo and begging for them to let me use the toilet lol. The burning during crowning was awful but once the head is out the rest is easy. I'm having a water birth this time so I'm hoping this helps with some of the pain during crowning, I've heard good things.
    I have heard great things about water births

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm aiming for a water birth this time for the same reason! Middy seems to think the water helps soften and stretch everything. She has also said usually the burning of crowning isn't as bad second time around, so for us this is true!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    I'm aiming for a water birth this time for the same reason! Middy seems to think the water helps soften and stretch everything. She has also said usually the burning of crowning isn't as bad second time around, so for us this is true!!
    Hate to say it, but it was just the same with each of my births

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pushing/Crowing

Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    This is my 3rd bub and yes the burning wasn't any better second time around!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FlipFlop For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my 3rd bub and yes the burning wasn't any better second time around!
    They all felt much the same really!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    Oh dear Hopefully the water provides some relief then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    Oh dear Hopefully the water provides some relief then!
    I am sure it will!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast