+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pushing/Crowing

What does it really feel like? I'm planning to go totally natural and for some reason I'm not at all worried about the contractions, but the pushing part scares me I've heard it referred to as burning or stinging, but how bad is it? Does it last long? I've heard people say that they pushed for hours, does being upright and not having an epidural mean it will be over quicker?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Pushing/Crowing

Well it's different for everyone.

With ds1 I had a natural birth. Without trying to sugar coat it, but still be realistic, it flippen hurt! Stinging, burning, stretching. Uncomfortable. I was on my back.

Ds2 had gas. I birthed on all fours, kind of resting my hands on the top of the bed. Same thing.

Friends of mine have ranged from 'OMG!' to 'don't see what the fuss was all about!'

Like I said though, everyone is different.

I hope you have the birth you wish for. Best wishes

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pushing/Crowing

For me I felt no pain during pushing until the crowning (except for some c-section scar burning in between contractions) and it was like a burning stretching. Lasted about 30 seconds until her head was out.
    Listen when they tell you tiny little pushes despite the urge to get them out so the burning stops.

I was standing up at first but found it better on the bed having my legs held, I pushed for 40 minutes.

NanaK is offline I'm surrounded by beautiful boys!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pushing/Crowing

I had a epidural for both...so I can't comment on the "totally natural" but I did have it quite low.

DS1 - labour started 3am, waters broken 8am, started pushing 3ish, out 33 min later
    DS2 - induced 8am, waters broken 9am, started pushing 1is, 6 pushed over three contractions - less than 15 min

Both times I had my legs up on OB and Midwives hips.

The first time I felt Heaps of stretching - that is mainly the skin, and it does hurt. I know that some people compare the dull/core pain to doing a number two but I was so focused on clinching my abs and bearing down that TBH I kinda just felt like I was doing a super intense workout... So everything hurt and I couldn't really focus on pain in a specific area if that makes sense?

Hope that helps - good luck!!!

NanaK is offline I'm surrounded by beautiful boys!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pushing/Crowing

Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    For me I felt no pain during pushing until the crowning (except for some c-section scar burning in between contractions) and it was like a burning stretching. Lasted about 30 seconds until her head was out.
    Listen when they tell you tiny little pushes despite the urge to get them out so the burning stops.

I was standing up at first but found it better on the bed having my legs held, I pushed for 40 minutes.
    Yep, once the head is out its pretty easy. I tore (3 stitches grade 1) with the shoulders but it didn't hurt too bad cause it was over quite quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Pushing/Crowing

I had an epi but it was pretty much completely worn off for the pushing stage (intentional). Honestly, it was very intense but all I remember is feeling like I was pushing out the biggest poo ever - the pressure! I had an episiotomy and forceps delivery (my labour was long and ended up having a distressed bub) and was so distracted by the sudden activity to get her out in a hurry and the intense pressure/need to push that I don't think I even registered specific sensations.

Thanks
    Reviews

way tmi..... but, for me:

have you ever been so constipated and sitting on the toilet thinking 'omg this hurts and is never going to come out!' ... times that by 100!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Honestly, I dont remember much from my labor even though it was natural...BUT I remember it was painful but also a relief. Your body just wants to push.....so pushing is a bit of a relief....and then the baby comes out and OMG the relief

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

It feels like you need to poo. Lol. I had intense pressure and it's at that stage where you really don't want to do it anymore. It was the only part of my labours where I was really loud.

Also pushing times are different for everyone. I only pushed for 10 mins with both of my labours.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Honestly, I dont remember much from my labor even though it was natural...BUT I remember it was painful but also a relief. Your body just wants to push.....so pushing is a bit of a relief....and then the baby comes out and OMG the relief
    Lol I remember uttering something like 'thank **** that's over!' The relief is very welcome.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub